Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 08:17 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Anyone?

My check engine light for my 96 Discovery is on and I did a test on it and it gave me these readings:

Oxygen Sensor Rich Bank B of engine, downstream of cat conv.

Engine Coolant temp sensor warm up fault.

As far as the O2 Sensor goes I'm not too familar with cars but think I can change one. Do you know where mine would be located? Also, what part number I would search for on the net to order one, because I have heard my car could have 2 or 4 of them.

As far as the Engine Coolant temp fault, do you know what this could mean? I do know that I have no air condition. In the summer I filled up the free-on and the air worked for a little while, then the free-on must have leaked out..but my car got really hot so I didnt use the air all summer and summer will be here soon so I would like to fix it before. Dont know if this also has anything to do with it, but when I'm driving down the road and I have my heater on. The heater will stop blowing out air and it will make a tick noise for a brief second and the lights will flick and the heater will come back on.

Can anyone help me? Thanks...Jeff

Old 03-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Winching
Default RE: Help Anyone?

Does your car heat up very slowly ? Replace your thermostat and gasket first. This can cause both fault codes. I would recommend going with A high quality aftermarket thermostat in this situation, much better than OEM. Be sure to install with the word ' UP ' up. The warm up fault may also be caused by A software glitch in the Computer. A updated PROM would rectify that. Most likely the t-stat.

You have 4 O2 sensors.

Your blower issue is likely the fan speed switch. If you wiggle the **** around you will probably duplicate this.

Old 03-05-2005, 03:55 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Help Anyone?

Hey,

Thanks for writing back so quick, I went and bought a thermostat that can stand more heat than the regular one....I will replace the thermostat and see what that does. It took about 15 mins for it to get hot with the air on.

Thanks again!

Jeff