Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Headliner...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

remove all the screws in the overhead compartment above the front passenger seats... once the screws are our it will come down, carefully unplug the interior light from the bracket on the backside of this piece, and remove it from the vehicle.

unscrew the three screws holding each visor on, then remove these from vehicle.
remove the little square center piece from the part your visors clips to and remove the screw holding it on...

carefully slide a screwdriver behind your a-pillar (the one by the windshield) and pull towards the center of the vehicle, there are three clips holding each one on... try not to break them but they do need a good bit of force to get off, then you can either unplug your tweeters and remove the pieces from the vehicle or leave them plugged in and set the whole piece on the dash...

the plastic trim around the alpine windows (the ones above the cargo area in the back) is a little tricky... take something, preferably a plastic trim removal tool, and remove the round plastic "screws" securing the back, they do nut unscrew they just pull out, but the take a lot of force to get out...

once those are out the rest is just held on with clips like the front a-pillars... so just pull them, carefully, and try not to break anything...

the last thing you should remove is the "oh sh**" handles and the two round "screws" in the very center just in front of the rear overhead net bins... to get the handles off just pry the end pieces open (they open from the middle out) and remove the screws... and the last two plastic screw deals just pull out, again they are in there good so it takes some force...

that should be it... i hope this helps and i hope i didnt leave anything important out...