Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:27 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help problems

cisney

Help problems
got a 2000 disco with some problems i have yet to figure out. It was driving like it was running out of gas or maybe the trans. was going to drop I dont know so i took it in. they couldnt find anything wrong with it. couple days later it did it again but much more severe so i took it back no codes so i had them put new plugs in. drove like a dream for a DAY! no check engine light nothing the next day it was all back but worse. so I replaced the wires, the plenum gasket. ran some sea foam thru it and some engine stuff in the oil. still the same, but getting worse. took the 02 plugs off to see if the converters were pluged loud but still no power. idles great but if try to drive it check engine light flashs no power going up hill ,vibrates etc WHAT COULD IT BE AHHH sratching my head any help would be greatly appreciated. keep in mind im not a mechanic. id id have the head gaskets and coolant system redone awhile ago not long enough for it to be a problem it does have 230,000 milesbut starts and idles like a dream always put good gas in it and synthetic oil changes. thanks

Old 03-04-2012, 05:33 PM
5th Gear

I feel like your symptoms are somewhat simliar to mine and mine apparently is misfiring cylinder....At least the lack of power and vibration and that feeling of running out of gas im assuming is the car feeling like its choking or something.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
5th Gear
Default disco2000/230,000

cisney

Help problems
got a 2000 disco with some problems i have yet to figure out. It was driving like it was running out of gas or maybe the trans. was going to drop I dont know so i took it in. they couldnt find anything wrong with it. couple days later it did it again but much more severe so i took it back no codes so i had them put new plugs in. drove like a dream for a DAY! no check engine light nothing the next day it was all back but worse. so I replaced the wires, the plenum gasket. ran some sea foam thru it and some engine stuff in the oil. still the same, but getting worse. took the 02 plugs off to see if the converters were pluged loud but still no power. idles great but if try to drive it check engine light flashs no power going up hill ,vibrates etc WHAT COULD IT BE AHHH sratching my head any help would be greatly appreciated. keep in mind im not a mechanic. id id have the head gaskets and coolant system redone awhile ago not long enough for it to be a problem it does have 230,000 milesbut starts and idles like a dream always put good gas in it and synthetic oil changes. thanks

Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

fuel pressure (pump and filter both inside the tank) - test port under edge of top half of manifold. Might want them to check that.