Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008 | 03:34 PM
|
Team Owner
Default RE: HOG

Yup, its just a truck, house, boat, watch...you cannot take it with you.
Theultimate debt has been paid, we just need to learn to livefree and accept our fate.

Old 09-04-2008 | 03:48 PM
Mudding

OHMYGAWDILOVEMYMACBOOK.

Apple all the way. Hate PCs...my Mac never crashes.
Too bad my life ain't the same way
ORIGINAL: LRScott

Do yourself a favor and don't buy a macbook... the old macintosh laptops used a motorola processor and was in my opinion a very good processor. it ran very cool and fast and i do not know why they got rid of it. The new macbooks are just intel core 2 duos with the same graphics card, hard drive, processor etc. that a dell would have for about 500 dollars less. Some of the dells that are configured the same as the macbooks can actually run the mac operating system lol. In the end you can choose what you want but its just something to think about. Oh yeah and stay away from those nvidia geforce 8000 graphics cards unless you want a melt down (macs use ATI and don't have that problem fyi)

Old 09-04-2008 | 08:08 PM
TReK

I run a macbook pro and going back to a PC is a form of torture for me. Scott is absolutely right that the new macs use pretty much all the same components as a Dell or other high end PCs. The other thing mac uses is an actually stable operating system. Nothing running Windows, especially Vista can claim that. And Vista requires resources that make upgrading an older system impossible. I still have a Dell sitting at home collect dust since I got my macbook. And if I do need windows, I have that installed on my mac also. But I can't remember the last time I used it.

Funny side note: Dell is offering an XP downgrade for PCs purchased with Vista. When was the last time a computer manufacturer offered a downgrade to software. That should tell you a lot about Vista.

Old 09-04-2008 | 08:28 PM
|
Team Owner

A friend of mine has 3 Macbook pros. He is a DJ on the weekends and that is what he has all his music on.
He takes his audio mix board and two Macbooks andhooks up to the house sound system.
He travels the country doing this. They never crash. Windows sucks.

Old 09-04-2008 | 08:37 PM
|
Team Owner

Another reason I want a Mac, their spokes person is cuter.

Old 09-05-2008 | 02:39 AM
Pro Wrench

I like macs i have 2 myself But they are the ones with the motorola processors and not the intel ones. When you are a big computer geek like me you care about the kernel and coding of the opearting system. When they switched from motorola to intel they really had to tweak the mac operating system to work with intel and for me that means OMFG WTH happened to the kernel lol (the kernel has nothing to do with corn). The new macs ive heard are fast and very nice but, im more interested in the operating system itself... so if i can run mac os on a dell and save about 500 dollars then why not lol.

Old 09-05-2008 | 08:02 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Glad you have a plan B to fall back on. But for one, you owe absolutely nothing to anyone here, since you are constently helping people left and right Rover wise. The care you are getting, is payback from those who care and appreciate your presence and input on this here forum. Second..... you were hogging way before you got laid-off, so that excuse just don't work.

Hey man.....hang in there. good things come to those who wait.

Old 09-05-2008 | 09:27 AM
TReK

Hey Scott, do you have a link to where you saw a Dell that runs the Mac OS. I looked at their website and couldn't find anything. In fact everything I read said that Steve Jobs, Apple president, doesn't want anything not made by Apple. I would definitely be interested in seeing that as I am currently looking for a computer for my girlfriend.

Old 09-05-2008 | 09:38 AM
|
Team Owner

ORIGINAL: Darover

Second..... you were hogging way before you got laid-off, so that excuse just don't work.

You think your a funny man dont you? LOL
Scott, Ionly like PopSecret Home Style with butter and salt. You can like whatever kernals you want but those are the kernals for me.
Definetly sounds likeMac for me.
Thanks again everybody.

Old 09-06-2008 | 12:21 AM
Pro Wrench

One of my friends is running mac os x on his dell laptop. I can ask him what one he got and sorry for the delay I've been way to busy.

Spike, Popsecret is my favorite too except I like to put some tabasco on it for some extra kick. And guess what happened today? Well my ibook is having a SH*T fit i was desperatley trying to get online to work and the stupid thing just started going crazy. It was freezing up, the screen was flikering, it was making weird funky noises I must of restarted a dozen times. LOL now i have to take it apart. I have a feeling its a loose connection anyways, good luck with the new job and have fun with your new mac when you get it.