Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Honest supplier recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honest supplier recommendation

First off I would like to state that this is not an advertisement, heck, I haven't even bought product from these guys. But, I did want to give a recommendation to Rover Accessories based on the experience I had over the past couple of days.

I found a cold air intake on eBay that was listed as a Rover Accessories product, the $350 version and it stated that this particular unit was used for testing and had 200 miles on it. Not knowing the type of filter they use I emaild Charles at Rover Accessories to discuss his intake. A few emails back and forth and I purchased the ebay intake. The next email from Charles states that they do not have an ebay listing and the guy I said was holding the auction was a fired employee.

I then phoned Charles, a little concerned at this point, not about potentially losing $95, but the fact that something shady could be going on. Turns out this fired employee did not leave on good terms and long story short these products were not authorized to be sold as "Rover Accessories" products. Charles told me that if I had any issues with the intake I bought off ebay that he would sell me one of his units at the same ebay price just because it would sully his reputation if I thought I was buying something from him and it turned out to be junk. As a business owner I can appreciate that and as a consumer of aftermarket car parts I can appreciate it more since it is so hard to find good and honest companies to buy from. Charles was going to actually lose money on the intake, but it was worth it to him not to have his brand tarnished.

I installed the intake today and I like it. The power is more linear and very smooth. I can't state how much power I actuall gained, but it makes a noticeable difference. If you guys are in to buying aftermarket for your trucks you might give Charles a call, he's a good guy.

Chris

Old 07-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Honest supplier recommendation

Is the air filter a plain filter similar to stock or is it similar to K&N?

Old 07-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Mudding

It is an exposed element filter, but it is not of the oiled type. I don't much care for anything you have to oil because it's only going one place and that's in the engine. I don't know the brand of the filter since it looks like Rover Accessories branded it for them, not sure whothe manufacturer is.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Mudding

http://www.roveraccessories.com/airforce1.htm#

this is the page on their site. It does say it is a K&N filter, but I don't know that K&N makes a blue version and that's what I have. There are all kinds of filters out there. My preference in the past has been ITG. I have had great success on BMWs with ITG and would recommend to anyone.