Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hot start issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 11:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
at least, it didn't have an arrow pointing down on the back and saying "I make crack look sexy"

total guess, but I figure a shop will charge 1hr for the little guy.

I wouldn't doubt that there is a t-shirt out there like that dusty! But seriously.. you could take his t-shirt saying 2 different ways. He either is so bad looking he makes dirt look good, or he's so sexy that he makes dirt look good when he's wearing it. I assume he meant the latter.. either way it made me laugh. His cologne was a little overpowering though

Yes, if it is the CPS then I would rather pay someone else to do it...

Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Motorhead1
Does the engine just turn over, and over? Or does it turn over for a short period, then stop turning over? "Fizzles out" sounds to me like it stops turning over...so you probably need a starter motor.

Hi there - no, it doesn't turn over and over, it starts turning over and then stops - like it couldn't.....quite................. get there. That's the only way I can describe it. It starts to turn over, decides that it's too pooped and then unwinds or fizzles out. So then I sit there, swear a bit, sigh, try again and it starts up fine.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Hi there - no, it doesn't turn over and over, it starts turning over and then stops - like it couldn't.....quite................. get there. That's the only way I can describe it. It starts to turn over, decides that it's too pooped and then unwinds or fizzles out. So then I sit there, swear a bit, sigh, try again and it starts up fine.
Now it sounds like battery or starter as he mentioned. Or, loose electrical connection.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

K, then you need to check your battery connections, and battery condition (you can have a battery store "load test" the battery). Its not your CPS. If it were your CPS your engine would keep turning over for eternity and not start up. Your starter sounds tired, they too when hot act up...

Old 07-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Will do, thanks. Battery is a little over a year old - I'll check the connections tonight. Something tells me that it's probably the starter motor though...

Old 07-02-2014, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

agree. misunderstood. thought it was trying and trying after it gets warm. only to crank when it cools a bit.
sounds like a terminal/ connection and you probably bumped it around more when the res. was replaced

Old 07-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
at least, it didn't have an arrow pointing down on the back and saying "I make crack look sexy"

total guess, but I figure a shop will charge 1hr for the little guy.
Hey, what's with this little guy bit I stand 5'7" short in my socks but I'm as 'versatile as a egg' thankfully I don't look like one apart from the increasing lack of hair

Anyways, the PC expression should be "vertically challenged"

I think KD has led a sheltered life even in the oil game and some of the courser expressions pass her by

Old 07-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hey, what's with this little guy bit I stand 5'7" short in my socks but I'm as 'versatile as a egg' thankfully I don't look like one apart from the increasing lack of hair

Anyways, the PC expression should be "vertically challenged"

I think KD has led a sheltered life even in the oil game and some of the courser expressions pass her by
eh? Yes Offroad, I'm as pure as the Michigan driven snow

I saw his 'little guy' comment. Don't you worry your versatile egg over it

What does it mean though when you ask a guy 'how are you?' and the first thing out of his mouth is 'I'm sweating'. Does that mean anything or is he really just sweating? I was puzzled by that one...

Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought little guy was referring to the CPS.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by SuperSport
I thought little guy was referring to the CPS.

Well in the typical person's mind, that would be the logical thought SuperSport. Not so when it comes to Offroad

Quick Reply: Hot start issues