Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to clear sunroof drains

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to clear sunroof drains

Can anyone tell me the procedure for clearing the sunroof drains. I tried finding the outlet but it appears to be between the inner and outer body panels just behind the front mudflap (inaccessible?). Couldn't find the rear ones either. I used some air around the rim of the sunroof tray then poured some water into it and it seems to only drain on the passenger side. I have water leaking in my headliner close to the rearview and along the top of the windshield. I also had a good wet spot in the front corner of the rear sunroof. I've read post suggesting using low compressed air, but here my stupid question, where?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:04 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: how to clear sunroof drains

You may have to drop your head liner, clearing the tubes with air can often pop the hoses loose and then you must reconnect the. Don't worry about where they drain, clear and or reconnect the hoses at the front of each sun roof.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Mudding

OK, so I do have to drop the headliner. I may just as well wait and get new headliner material so I can fix that droopy headliner while I'm at it. Thanks Mike

Old 02-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Three Wheeling

Do not mean to highjack the thread, but I have a similar issue with a slight twist.

The carpet on the drivers side(front) is getting wet around the door. I have checked and cleared the a/c drains, have no visible wetness on headliner around sunroof to indicate a leak from up top.

Question, is it possible that where ever the drain terminates could have come dislodged and is now draining back into the cab???

I have removed all the plastic, blocked up the carpet and pad and dried for days, only to find it wet again.

Any suggestions would help,

Thanks