Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I clear P1590 and dash lights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 12:14 PM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts
Default How do I clear P1590 and dash lights?

My front wheel bearings were shot on the drivers side. Decided to replace both front hubs while I had it in the garage. You could hear and feel the wheel bearing grinding, but there were no codes, and none of the three amigo's were on.

One of the replacement hubs had a bad ABS sensor right out of the box. You could not even drive the car with the sensor plugged in, The traction control would go haywire, and you could not get over 15 MPH. I had to unplug the sensor just to drive the car. When I unplugged the sensor, of course the three amigo's came on.

I replace the bad hub and reconnected the sensor. It now drives just fine. However, I now have the three amigo's on, and the dreaded P1590 code. Hooked up my Amigo USB to the OBD port and tried to clear the lights and code. No such luck. Amigo USB blinks blue and the code lights will not clear. The Amigo USB shows no "Active" or "Logged" faults. Shows the bad sensor as a code 66 in "Previous Faults". It appears as through replacing the hub solved the wheel sensor issue, but I still have a lingering code.

So how do I now clear the P1590 code and the lights? My handheld code reader won't do it. Is there somewhere simple I can take it to get the code cleared? I simple tool I don't know about?

Old 04-16-2023, 09:51 PM
Drifting
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I recently had this happen as my front passenger hub went out. It started as a P1590. Cleared it with an old Innova OBD code reader. It came back a few days later and I cleared it with OBD Fusion reader on an old Android phone paired w/ Veepeak OBD. Few days later the 3 Amigos showed up along with the P1590. Hooked up the iCarsoft (think it's the i930) & confirmed front passenger hub. Changed it out and cleared all the codes with the iCarsoft. I'm not familiar with the USB Amigo reader you have. I know when I purchased the iCarsoft (2015) it reads/clears all the ABS codes. Before changing the hub and clearing the codes my OBD Fusion was still showing the code as a fault in the history. Once the iCarsoft cleared everything I now have no history of this fault.