Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long to bleed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
Vacuum bleeders suck (pun intended).

If you have the blender open too far they will suck in air around the bleeder. I prefer pressure bleeders like the motive, but you risk blowing the seals from the master to reservoir.

Try tightening the bleeder just a little. Or maybe temporarily wrap it with Teflon tape. Just don't block the hole.
I'll give it a try.

Is there any reason to think my issue is air in the modulator since all I did was change the brake lines?

Old 11-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Is the ABS relay R10 in the engine bay fuse box? Which two connections do you jump?

Old 11-23-2014, 06:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle

OK, Wen't old school on it and I think i got it. Got the Mrs. to help out. Now I have to hear her complain that her legs hurt.

Actuator:
4 lines go into top. Starting with the Line closes to the front of the vehicle, I call this line 1.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 1 and tighten line 1. Release brake.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 2 and tighten line 2. Release brake.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 3 and tighten line 3. Release brake.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 4 and tighten line 4. Release brake.
Top off brake fluid.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 2 and tighten line 2. Release brake.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 3 and tighten line 3. Release brake.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 4 and tighten line 4. Release brake.
Pump 5 times and hold brake down. Release Line 1 and tighten line 1. Release brake.
Top off brake fluid.
Top off brake fluid.
Top off brake fluid.
Move to the calipers

Caliper bleeding steps:
Right/Rear Pump 5 time and hold brake down, Release bleeder, tighten bleeder. Pump 5 times and hold brake down, Release bleeder, tighten bleeder. Repeat till you don't see air coming out.
Top off brake fluid
Repeat caliper bleeding steps on Left/Rear
Top off brake fluid
Repeat caliper bleeding step on Right/Front
Top off brake fluid
Repeat caliper bleeding step on Left/Front.

Repeat the Caliper bleeding steps until the first two pumps don't get any firmer.

DONE!