Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much is my Land Rover worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much is my Land Rover worth?

OK, stupid question, right? Everyone's is different, upgraded, downgraded, good shape bad shape, and everyone values there LR more than the next guy. There's the Kelly Blue Book, there's eBay Motors, etc etc.

But no one knows more about LAND ROVERS than here in this forum. So I asked you ... what's my Land Rover worth?

2004 Disco II SE
78,000 miles

Everything in good working condition, just passed an e-check a few weeks ago, no major flaws, dents, or brusies.

I'm just trying to get a feel within a few grand what it's worth if I had to sell it (to a relative or stranger).

Thanks guys.
Hubie

Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Dont ever sell to a relative.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wise words...

Originally Posted by Spike555
It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Dont ever sell to a relative.
Wise word yoda....

Old 05-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not easy to sell a Discovery these days, unless you sell very cheap. There are a few on Metro Detroit's craigslist offered by dealers ranging from 6-11k, but they have been listed now for months.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:01 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spike555
don't ever sell to a relative.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hubie
what's my Land Rover worth?

2004 Disco II SE
78,000 miles

I'm just trying to get a feel within a few grand what it's worth if I had to sell it (to a relative or stranger).

Thanks guys.
Hubie
I'm in the industry and have bought and sold dozens of discos, so this is just my opinion based on auction market reports and personal buying and selling experience. Keep in mind color combination, paint finish, and vehicle history play a major role for me and I don't know any of this about your vehicle....

In the wholesale market your truck is worth $3500 - $5000. In the retail/private party market it's worth $5500 - $8000, but again retail/private party numbers are going to depend A LOT on service history, paint finish, previous accident history, ownership history and so on...How the vehicle is equipped makes a huge difference too...I always look for Michelins, anyone who puts them on their vehicles...it's a good sign they spend money to take care of it <------ that's free industry advise...lol

I look for equipment like running boards, rear door ladder, rear drop step, rear a/c, which wheels does it have, and so on when I'm talking about how it's equipped...

Land Rovers (Disco's especially) don't have the greatest "public opinion" it's pretty common knowledge in that these were vehicles with major issues and high repair costs and lots of people shy away from them...which in turn drives the cost down..

There are many (like myself) who just love them and are willing to deal with their problems.

Hope this helps you

Last edited by TATZOO; 05-19-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ho Fax...

Originally Posted by long duck dong
I'm in the industry and have bought and sold dozens of discos, so this is just my opinion based on auction market reports and personal buying and selling experience. Keep in mind color combination, paint finish, and vehicle history play a major role for me and I don't know any of this about your vehicle....

In the wholesale market your truck is worth $3500 - $5000. In the retail/private party market it's worth $5500 - $8000, but again retail/private party numbers are going to depend A LOT on service history, paint finish, previous accident history, ownership history and so on...How the vehicle is equipped makes a huge difference too...I always look for Michelins, anyone who puts them on their vehicles...it's a good sign they spend money to take care of it <------ that's free industry advise...lol

I look for equipment like running boards, rear door ladder, rear drop step, rear a/c, which wheels does it have, and so on when I'm talking about how it's equipped...

Land Rovers (Disco's especially) don't have the greatest "public opinion" it's pretty common knowledge in that these were vehicles with major issues and high repair costs and lots of people shy away from them...which in turn drives the cost down..

There are many (like myself) who just love them and are willing to deal with their problems.

Hope this helps you

Ho Fax.. Now thats just classic....

Old 05-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vandev
Ho Fax.. Now thats just classic....
I came up with the phrase 3-4 years ago during one of their ridiculous commercials for carfax, to this day my girlfriend still hates it...I wonder why?...lol

Old 05-19-2012, 03:18 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Ok, what if you live in the state of Idaho?
Say the name of the state slowly. Break the word up into three distinct parts...