Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to replace the XYZ switch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:34 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to replace the XYZ switch?

.-Hi I got a Disco II 2003, and I would like to know if you guys know how to do it or if you have any advices. Thank you...

Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Download the Service Manual, it has instructions. (RAVE, in my signature) This is answering your question, not telling you that you need to replace that switch.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The ARLO site has had write up on removal, drill out rivits, clean out muck, reseal.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Bkreutz
Download the Service Manual, it has instructions. (RAVE, in my signature) This is answering your question, not telling you that you need to replace that switch.
.-Can you explain me how to access the manual? I mean I already downloaded it, I did extract the rave.zip, but I click the "Welcome.pdf" and nothin' happen. Sorry and thank you for answer.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xavier Campos Mercado
.-Can you explain me how to access the manual? I mean I already downloaded it, I did extract the rave.zip, but I click the "Welcome.pdf" and nothin' happen. Sorry and thank you for answer.
I'm trying to remember exactly how I opened it, I think what I did was to download the file, extract that file to another folder, then ran "autorun" from the extracted folder. (at least that's how I think I did it.) it must have been simple because if it isn't I end up calling my son (the computer engineer) to do it.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I don't use the menu system, I just go to the particular folder, "LT" is the one with all the Disco 2 items. "General" has overhaul section.

or you can use the alternate link in my signature and just download the sections desired already in pdf.

Hopefully you can clean it out and reseal it. Some say the AC condensate drain keeps it wet, some have rerouted drain slightly with extra hose.

Attached Thumbnails How to replace the XYZ switch?-xyz-photo.jpg  

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 07-20-2012 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

How do you know you need to replace the switch and be specific?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:45 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
How do you know you need to replace the switch and be specific?
.-Well. I have the "m" & "s" lights flashing, and I took it to a Land Rover service shop, they told me it could be a problem with the battery and the alternator, I changed both, they told me if the battery and alternator are good it should be the XYZ switch...

Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
I don't use the menu system, I just go to the particular folder, "LT" is the one with all the Disco 2 items. "General" has overhaul section.

or you can use the alternate link in my signature and just download the sections desired already in pdf.

Hopefully you can clean it out and reseal it. Some say the AC condensate drain keeps it wet, some have rerouted drain slightly with extra hose.
Thank you. I'll try it...!!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM
7th Gear

.-Ok, I replaced the XYZ switch, and it seems everything is fine now, but, what should I do if the "M" "S" lights show up again? What could it be?

Quick Reply: How to replace the XYZ switch?