Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to: Seafoam Induction Procedure

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we please add this to the sticky "how to"?

These forums are great but it gets frustrating when there are so many great write-ups, as simple or as complex as they may be, that are not sticky'd to the "how to" thread.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ewok
Can we please add this to the sticky "how to"?

These forums are great but it gets frustrating when there are so many great write-ups, as simple or as complex as they may be, that are not sticky'd to the "how to" thread.
Have you looked?

Old 08-23-2010, 06:58 PM
4wd Low
Question Lost my rubber cap...

jycsalas (and any body else who might know)

I lost the little rubber cap while I was doing something else on my DII. Do you know where to buy a replacement? Hardware store? Auto parts store. I am sure they can be found but I wouldn't know what to call it....

Any ideas?

Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Voyageur
jycsalas (and any body else who might know)

I lost the little rubber cap while I was doing something else on my DII. Do you know where to buy a replacement? Hardware store? Auto parts store. I am sure they can be found but I wouldn't know what to call it....

Any ideas?
Go to any autoparts store and you will find a section where they sell vacuum lines and or the section where they sell the miscellaneous pre packaged nuts and bolts usually hanging off a rotating display. You'll find a package with an assortment of those rubber caps and one will fit it. Near it you'll also find the platsic "T" pieces for vacuum lines.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:11 PM
TReK

I'm not sure if people know this but you can do induction cleaning with water instead of seafoam and it works just as well. You have to do it a bit differently but info is all over google. I put 2 gallons of water through my engine this afternoon to get rid of a rough idle.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 AM
4wd Low
Talking Thanks for the "TIPS" Josh. Get it?

Josh,

Thank you very much. I'll hit Advance Auto this morning and pick up an assortment. I actually need on for my Honda Generator too...

David

Old 09-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Drifting

Does anyone know what size for the vacuum tube? I am getting ready to do my first Seafoam treatment

Old 09-18-2010, 01:06 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yea I just did 1 gallon of water, now my oil is super high. Water in it of course.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:48 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Spencerfitch
yea I just did 1 gallon of water, now my oil is super high. Water in it of course.
Give us more information about your engine. Sort of the same thing happened to me first time I did a seafoam induction cleaning. The seafoam cleaned so well it made my front cover gasket leak like crazy, must have been some oil clot blocking a leak. I wonder if you have a stuck valve or your rings are toast and the steam cleaning cleaned the carbon out and make them leak.

You need to do a leak down test.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lipadj46
Give us more information about your engine. Sort of the same thing happened to me first time I did a seafoam induction cleaning. The seafoam cleaned so well it made my front cover gasket leak like crazy, must have been some oil clot blocking a leak. I wonder if you have a stuck valve or your rings are toast and the steam cleaning cleaned the carbon out and make them leak.

You need to do a leak down test.
Its a d1. But I really had 0 reason to do this as I just did my head gaskets and everything was squeaky clean.

I believe water just got past my pison rings which isn't a good thing either.

Quick Reply: How to: Seafoam Induction Procedure