Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i got the dreaded tick...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 0304Disco
Turner is great. I bought a block last year and have been very happy. Frida will take good care of you. You will have it in two days from order.
how much did it end up costing you shipped?

Old 07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BTW - exchange rate is 1.55 right now, but the Turner "remanufactured" v8 block has jumped in price to 1450 UKP:
4.6V8 range rover engine parts from Turner Engineering, flanged linered block castings etc

1450 + 125 shipping = 1575 UKP = 2440 USD

Also worth noting is the "new" block for a little more. I think you'll find that this is the "coscast" block - but unlike other companies that will sell you the new coscast block with the same liners as they used in 2004, Turners remove the liners and fit the Darton top-hat liners.

Finally - when my block came from the UK, It was via DHL, and I paid no import duty. Perhaps I got lucky - but I don't recall anyone else mentioning it either... Considering you can't send a small package to the UK withlut them getting stung for $20 as a minimum, it all seems like a good deal.

EDIT - looks like the "other" companies I was talking of (RPi -aka partsrange on ebay) no longer sell the new blocks. It is funny, they used to shout about how their sleeved liners were the best, then when they got the contract to distribute the new blocks they sang about how top-hats are a bodge and only the new cos-cast blocks are the way to go - and now they aren't selling new blocks, yes - you guessed it, their flanged liner blocks are again superior to anything else you can purchase!
Stay the fudge away from RPi if you have any sense!

Last edited by turbodave; 07-24-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

V8Developments Ltd. is another option - these are the guys I used.

If you click on "services" then "re-liner" you see their information.

My block arrived well packaged, was well machined, but definately was not ready to use. I had to thoroughly clean it as there was reminants all over from bead-blasting. I also had to chase the guys down a lot; there was a 3-week waiting time, wheras Turners have the blocks on the shelf ready to ship.

When Turners were just $500 quid more than V8D, I would have said go with Turners - but at near $800 more - I think I'd be giving Ray or Shaun at V8Developments a call instead... It is your choice of course!