Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a new code for you all

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have a new code for you all

P2600 Coolant Pump Control Circuit Open.

It's a generic code according to the web. Water Pump/Coolant pump is new (less than a year old).

I am at present trouble shooting a over heating issue that happened right before Christmas.

Replaced quite a few parts of the cooling system. Thermostat, Radiator, Water Pump, new hoses, hose clamps. New t junction, new bleeder screw. Truck had the head gasket done in October along with top hat liners.

I used a Air lift air vac system to add the coolant and still have a very small leak. Very slight whooshing sound in the heater core. But I have VERY hot heat and no water in the cab.

This is stating to drive me crazy.

Old 01-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Three Wheeling

Maybe I should have asked a question here =)

What does this code mean? I can't find any mention of a sensor or circuit in any way connected to the water pump.

HELP!

Old 01-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Mudding
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Who/what pulled that code for you? I'm not familiar with it and don't see it in the RAVE anywhere..

Old 01-08-2015, 10:17 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Kenso
Who/what pulled that code for you? I'm not familiar with it and don't see it in the RAVE anywhere..
Hi Kenso it was a standard OBD II Scanner.

The code threw me as well. I scoured the Rave as well and did not find any sensor that would be connected to the coolant pump to cause a "open circuit".

Any way it is totally unrelated to my over heating problem. I think

I have air in my heater core and it wont come out. I have bleed the system per the rave instructions (about 6 times) and via a Air vac Airlift system (4 times).

Which has led me to believe that my problem is in the heater core. I have heat but I do have a very slow leak in the system but it doesn't affect the coolant level. Truck sat in my garage for 4 days with no discernible coolant drop in the reservoir or puddles on the ground. It's just letting in air some where.

I have a whooshing sloshing sound in my heater core. Floor board is dry.

With this last flush and bleed it was very minor sloshing but it was still there.

Again I have replaced every thing on this cooling system but the reservoir, reservoir cap and the heater core.

I don't know where the air is getting in and I am starting to wonder if I will ever be able to find out.

Last edited by ems12; 01-08-2015 at 10:23 AM.