Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would some advice on if I should use only the "premium" grade fules in my 04 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: I would some advice on if I should use only the "premium" grade fules in my 04 Discove

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Seriously there's not that much difference in price. On my Blazer its like $4.30 per tank, and with the blazer's mileage, it would take upwards of 14 fill ups to get one fill up with just the money I saved by buying the cheap stuff. Thats 3000 miles!

Buy the premium, shell V power, and enjoy a nicely running engine for years.

(I only use the Blazer figures because I havn't yet priced out the figures for the Range..I just fill it up with the V power)
Something not taken into account here is efficiency. An engine designed for premium will not run as well on regular. If you save $4 on a fillup, you are looking at up to 10% worse fuel mileage and you loose that many miles in the tank you burn. It all equals out, and you don't risk carboning up your engine.

Really it doesn't matter, as long as you run premium...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I would some advice on if I should use only the "premium" grade fules in my 04 Discove

Oh good point. I didn't even think about that!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I would some advice on if I should use only the "premium" grade fules in my 04 Discovery

I spent last night reading the owners manual from cover to cover, I know I'm sad but it was a great read. I learned a lot and I will also say I was wrong about the power plant.

Thank you all again for your knowledge and time, it's very valuable.

[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Be good to that old Buick engine, give it lots of 91 plus gas and pat her on the dash every morning so you don't build up any more bad Rover Karma.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Be good to that old Buick engine, give it lots of 91 plus gas and pat her on the dash every morning so you don't build up any more bad Rover Karma.
Pat her on the dash eh'?

I kick mine in the b@lls to let it know I mean business and you best not even think about leaving me stranded or broken down!

I then look around and make sure no one see me whipser toit "please"

Old 02-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: I would some advice on if I should use only the "premium" grade fules in my 04 Discovery

ORIGINAL: traffictech870

I spent last night reading the owners manual from cover to cover, I know I'm sad but it was a great read. I learned a lot and I will also say I was wrong about the power plant.

Thank you all again for your knowledge and time, it's very valuable.

[sm=smiley20.gif]
There isn't a soul on here that thinks any part of what you did is silly. Good for you...

Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We've all read the owners manula cover to back, some of us a few times, thats why they call us "fanatics".

Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i read mine while on the throne

Old 01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I read my manual as I needed to know stuff about the truck and realized that little by little I read the whole manual. Now I'm working my way through the repair as I have things come up. I tend not to retain information unless it is something I need to know right then.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i read mine while on the throne
Do you mean all at once or over a period of time [:@] UUUUNNNGGAAA

Quick Reply: I would some advice on if I should use only the "premium" grade fules in my 04 Discovery