Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if only

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default if only

If only these didnt say Jeep on them.
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...7/product.html

Old 11-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: if only

I want to the Miami car show. Where every car coming in for 2009 is displayed in a huge convention center. And I was able to check out the Jeep rubicons 2 door and 4 door. Go in side them, check out the drive train ect ect..

Boy oh boy are those things overpriced. I don't mean to offend anyone. But they look pretty cheaply made for the money. I didn't see a reliable 4x4 at all.

on the other side of the showroom was the new RAM 4x4. Those are NICE. and look really sturdy too.

I think jeeps are a trend, and people just get them because they like the appearance it gives them.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man go to www.ramchallenge.com and watch those videos... those guys beat the crap out of those things... i personally wouldnt buy one but its stiill some cool stuff anyway, i would like to get a turn on their course...
________
AshleyY cam

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Team Owner

I agree that the new Jeeps are junk. They are all show and no go. Have you seen the commercial with the people in the Rubicon acting like it is a rollercoaster? Watch closly at the water crossing, it says "do not attempt", I take that as dont drive me off road.
Build crap cars and trucks and then wonder why you are going out of business.
And has anybody else noticed that the new Ram trucks have coil springs on all four corners? Just like a, um, I cant think of any other truck that has coil springs on all four corners...can anybody answer that for me? I am drawing a blank.

If you enlarge the pic in the link the pillow case is a topigraphical map, pretty cool bed spread. Almost looks real.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Recovery Vehicle

*raises hand enthusiatically* oh oh oh i know i know what has coils on all four corners!!! we do!!! rovers thats the answer!!!
________
BustyBiGurl

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Winching

4 coils is the only Real suspension haha.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Team Owner

ORIGINAL: discoxd

*raises hand enthusiatically* oh oh oh i know i know what has coils on all four corners!!! we do!!! rovers thats the answer!!!
You are correct, you get extra tatertots with your lunch today.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh i love me some tatertots!!!!!!!!!!
________
Cute_****

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

back in 06 i bought a jeep rubicon. i sold it a year later after some money issues. it was the last year of the old body style with the inline 6. it was a good rig, but for 30k it was spartan and bare bones. that is a great thing in a trail rig, but not in something you expect to drive everyday. its more novelty then anything. i did like the 6 speed manual and the electronic lockers were a nice thing.

but when i was looking into another 4x4 rig i dont know how i could have gone back to anything jeep or american made. i have always loved the rovers but payed no attention because i never took into account the depreciation of them. now that i have my 04 i dont think i could look back at anything jeep.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 AM
4wd High

Ive been looking at new and used vehicles for maybe 7 months and have test driven almost everything out there. I was very impressed with the look and feel of the Unlimitted Rubicon but dissapointedwith the vehicle in person. The little v6 is unnattractive and felt under powered, and the vehicle seems cheaply made ( door panels, seats, and dash material ). The air conditioner was unable to keep the entire vehicle cool on this 98 degree (F) day. It did feel stout, and rattle free though.

Quick Reply: if only