Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im Back!!!!! First Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Talking Im Back!!!!! First Order

.... Welllll not quit yet, still got another 1.5-2 months to go before I come back home - to my Disco of course . But I feel like sharing what Im getting with the forum:

Recently sold my trail edition driving lamps but now I figured it was time to make amends and upgrade to these:
Safari 5000 Driving Lamp (Genuine Part # STC8480) - Land Rover lights/lenses from Atlantic British

Always loved this style rear upper lamp guards:
Lamp Guards Rear Upper G4 Style 03 On - Land Rover side steps from Atlantic British

After MUCH debate and lots of advice from several people Ive decided to go with the TerraFirma HD 2+ lift kit:
COIL CONVERSION KIT HD TF +2" DSCO II , TF230 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Which gives me an excuse to buy these:
STAINLESS BRAKE FLEX LINE SET DSCOII+4" , SBL6005E4 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Wasnt sure about which brand to get for the damper but mine is bent to **** and I already replaced the track rods so TF will have to do:
TERRAFIRMA STEERING DAMPER-DSCO II, RNA802 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Ill be ordering everything tomorrow!!!! Have it shipped to my house back in NH,so when I get back home Ill have a bunch of packages waiting for me hehehe. Come next paycheck Im buying a genuine replacement brake servo booster, camshaft position sensor, new rear wiper motor and anything else I need to pass NH inspection! Feels so good to finally have enough $$$$ to get **** done on my Disco. As many of you know, I was driving around without brakes for quite awhile cause I did not have enough $$$ to get a new booster.... Hopefully my Disco with forgive me once I get all the new parts installed! Pray to the Rover Gods!!!!

PS: If any of you have had purchased any of the above mentioned parts and have any comments about them please let me know how they held up for you. Yes I do realize that the HD lift combined with my 18Inch wheels will make the ride stiff as hell but I plan on adding a saftey device roof rack and winch down the road when I can afford it so better to get prepared now.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:42 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
.... Welllll not quit yet, still got another 1.5-2 months to go before I come back home - to my Disco of course . But I feel like sharing what Im getting with the forum:

Recently sold my trail edition driving lamps but now I figured it was time to make amends and upgrade to these:
Safari 5000 Driving Lamp (Genuine Part # STC8480) - Land Rover lights/lenses from Atlantic British

Always loved this style rear upper lamp guards:
Lamp Guards Rear Upper G4 Style 03 On - Land Rover side steps from Atlantic British

After MUCH debate and lots of advice from several people Ive decided to go with the TerraFirma HD 2+ lift kit:
COIL CONVERSION KIT HD TF +2" DSCO II , TF230 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Which gives me an excuse to buy these:
STAINLESS BRAKE FLEX LINE SET DSCOII+4" , SBL6005E4 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Wasnt sure about which brand to get for the damper but mine is bent to **** and I already replaced the track rods so TF will have to do:
TERRAFIRMA STEERING DAMPER-DSCO II, RNA802 - Rovers North - Classic Land Rover Parts

Ill be ordering everything tomorrow!!!! Have it shipped to my house back in NH,so when I get back home Ill have a bunch of packages waiting for me hehehe. Come next paycheck Im buying a genuine replacement brake servo booster, camshaft position sensor, new rear wiper motor and anything else I need to pass NH inspection! Feels so good to finally have enough $$$$ to get **** done on my Disco. As many of you know, I was driving around without brakes for quite awhile cause I did not have enough $$$ to get a new booster.... Hopefully my Disco with forgive me once I get all the new parts installed! Pray to the Rover Gods!!!!

PS: If any of you have had purchased any of the above mentioned parts and have any comments about them please let me know how they held up for you. Yes I do realize that the HD lift combined with my 18Inch wheels will make the ride stiff as hell but I plan on adding a saftey device roof rack and winch down the road when I can afford it so better to get prepared now.

That's quite the "homecoming" package

I can't speak for the HD Terrafirma springs, I'm riding on TF MD's and am pleased. I drive my truck everyday, it's a commuter. The MD's are fine for me. Honestly, I would like softer springs.

How many miles on your truck? You might want to consider replacing both front and rear sway bar bushings. Mine are shot and replacing this weekend w/ Poly's along w/ TF 3* Castor correcting Radius Arms (arbitrary, but thought I'd share my excitement). Worn out sway bushes will give you a bone jarring ride. Make you cringe every time you hit a bump.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:46 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woah, don't buy those 5000s yet. I have a set for sale, much cheaper than your link

https://landroverforums.com/forum/pr...-lights-60134/

Old 07-18-2013, 03:36 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by coors
That's quite the "homecoming" package

I can't speak for the HD Terrafirma springs, I'm riding on TF MD's and am pleased. I drive my truck everyday, it's a commuter. The MD's are fine for me. Honestly, I would like softer springs.

How many miles on your truck? You might want to consider replacing both front and rear sway bar bushings. Mine are shot and replacing this weekend w/ Poly's along w/ TF 3* Castor correcting Radius Arms (arbitrary, but thought I'd share my excitement). Worn out sway bushes will give you a bone jarring ride. Make you cringe every time you hit a bump.
I have 133 on my Disco right now. Like I said earlier, I do intend on getting a safari roof rack and winch down the road so I have to go with the HD kit. I just hope TF holds up cause I've heard afew people talk about their TF shocks failing early.... regarding the poly bushing, a representative at Rovers North informed me that when poly bushings fail they just fall off completely, making your truck in-operateable. Whereas original rubber bushings will stay in place even when worn out. I personally don't know anything about bushings as its new territory for me but if what he said holds true then I'll stick with rubber bushings. Honda5r normally I'd be all over your offer, but I already contacted the company and told them to prepare the package/invoice for me so I'm already obligated to buy from them. Plus I do prefer brand new equitment. But thanks very much. How's your Disco going by the way?

Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
I have 133 on my Disco right now. Like I said earlier, I do intend on getting a safari roof rack and winch down the road so I have to go with the HD kit. I just hope TF holds up cause I've heard afew people talk about their TF shocks failing early.... regarding the poly bushing, a representative at Rovers North informed me that when poly bushings fail they just fall off completely, making your truck in-operateable. Whereas original rubber bushings will stay in place even when worn out. I personally don't know anything about bushings as its new territory for me but if what he said holds true then I'll stick with rubber bushings. Honda5r normally I'd be all over your offer, but I already contacted the company and told them to prepare the package/invoice for me so I'm already obligated to buy from them. Plus I do prefer brand new equitment. But thanks very much. How's your Disco going by the way?

mmm....who was that Julian haha. They do break apart when they fail, and I suppose they could completely fall out over time, but I can't think of many bushings on the vehicle that would make it literally not function.

Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the 2" inch HD's. steering damper and rubber bushings. Truck is bouncy but tight. A million times different than what I had on right before it. Lot of bushing mistakes from the vendors across the two trucks....pain in the *** really. I also keep it light usually. I like em all.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice upgrades but I would have gone with some PIAA's than LR's "upgrade".

Old 07-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

That's a messed up description of the Safari lights. I wonder which they are.
Unless someone is buying them just for looks, driving lights and fog lights are not the same at all and it's dumb trying to use one for the onther.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by antichrist
That's a messed up description of the Safari lights. I wonder which they are.
Unless someone is buying them just for looks, driving lights and fog lights are not the same at all and it's dumb trying to use one for the onther.
Who are you replying to?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

From seeing some of the issues you've had along the way I'd also be shopping for a parts vehicle while you're in the spending mood!

Quick Reply: Im Back!!!!! First Order