Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im gonna be a father!! omg..what car seat

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Britax Marathon when they get a little bigger. You can use it from birth, but its nice having an infant seat like a Greico that you can leave the base in and take the little tike, seat and all.

Don't get an Evenflow. My wife and I got a double stroller (I have two under two) from Evenflow. Even though we like the stroller ok, the Infant seat that came with it is a terrible example of poor design. it takes up more space than I do. Ad I'm 6'4" 300lbs.

Don't worry about putting them beind your seat or the passengers seat, they will fit. My wife and I both have long legs. My Two yr old sits behind me in a Britax Marathon (of course she can kick the back of the seat, I said they fit, I didn't say how tight.) And my 9mo old is in the Even flow behind my wife. She has to sit kinda forward, but not too bad.

Best of luck.

Old 04-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I use a greico (cant tell you the model, the wife bought it), the youngest got too big for the buckles, but it is convertible to a booster so I removed the straps a few months back and she now uses it with the "big girl belt"!
Anyways Congrats and good luck!!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worst thread ever.

First buy a stroller/seat combo (Chico) then get a Britax.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:46 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Worst response ever , keep that stuff to yourself

Old 04-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of these thread responses crack me up. Its better entertainment than tv. Congrats on the soon to be new baby. I have a 7 y/o son and 4 y/o daughter. We have used graco at every stage. They are now both in high back boosters and use the discos seatbelt. X2 on the class. Contact your local fire dept., EMS, police, or even your local hospital. If they don't have a class coming up they can still help you. You would be amazed at how many car seats I remove kids from in a wreck that are incorrectly installed. If you already know good for you. Enjoy the amazing job of being a father. Its the best feeling in the world!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For infants, we use the Combi travel system (I think it was called a City or Savvy). In terms of travel systems (combination infant seat and stroller), it was the lightest and most compact. It folds into a very compact (almost umbrella-like) and comes with a back strap to throw over your shoulder. When the child grows a little, it still works as a stroller without the infant seat (not all travel systems do that.)

As they grew, we moved up to the Britax Marathon, because of the crash test results. It's bulky, but looks and feels secure/solid yet comfortable.

Our oldest is now in a high-back booster seat (can't remember what we got.) It doesn't use a latch so I'm not crazy about it moving around when getting out of it, but it works.

-Anthony

EDIT: BTW - since this is a LR forum, here's my experience with fit when it comes to my 04 Disco (I assume you have an 03 per your username.) The Britax Marathon fits well on either side, and the middle seat will still have enough space for a middle-sized adult. If using a Marathon, remove the headrests - otherwise you risk having the seat too vertical. For a booster seat (you'll be few years away still), try to get one with latch system. For some reason, the safety belt buckle on my 04 is narrow than most cars I've had therefore the buckle ends up almost under the edge of the booster seat if you not careful when the child climbs in and you buckle them up. It's annoying. If the booster had a latch system, the buckle would remain out of the way as the seat would allow it to move underneath.

Last edited by Antmen; 04-26-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Add relevance to Disco fit.