Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inexpensive new rear wheel hub assy on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Inexpensive new rear wheel hub assy on eBay

I'm not sure how many they have left, and I supposed I'll find out about the quality in a short while, but at £94 shipped from the UK, with a new ABS sensor, it's still way less than 1/2 the price of a new aftermarket one stateside.

Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5 V8 Rear Wheel Bearing Hub ABS Sensor TAY100050 R New | eBay

*edit*

Check my latest post for updated information.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...e3/#post578975

Last edited by Racer X; 09-05-2016 at 08:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (10-11-2016)
Old 12-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Could be handy. How much was shipping from the UK?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

good price Miami British want $499.00 for the same part, i would guess shipping across the pound is less than $411.00?

Old 12-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I don't think you guys are really reading his first post

Originally Posted by Racer X
, but at £94 shipped from the UK,| eBay[/url]

But be careful with super cheap parts like that... it's a pretty important part of your vehicle.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I don't think you guys are really reading his first post

But be careful with super cheap parts like that... it's a pretty important part of your vehicle.
Oh I know of it's importance, but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing about the Disco 2 wheel bearing that justifies a cost of $500 each.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle

The cost was £53.86, and shipping was £40 to NYC.

£94 is just about 154USD, give or take.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Racer X
Oh I know of it's importance, but the fact of the matter is that there is nothing about the Disco 2 wheel bearing that justifies a cost of $500 each.
$500 each is steep, that's the price of genuine Land Rover parts though, they're all pricey.

Ours is $350, and it's certainly not JUST a wheel bearing. The bearing is a very important part of the assembly, as it is usually what fails, but it consists of rotating parts, ABS sensor, machined parts, etc. There is plenty of junk out there which is why we sell the timken hubs instead of the cheap stuff.

I am not suggesting you have to spend a lot to get a part, but you do to get a quality part.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
$500 each is steep, that's the price of genuine Land Rover parts though, they're all pricey.

Ours is $350, and it's certainly not JUST a wheel bearing. The bearing is a very important part of the assembly, as it is usually what fails, but it consists of rotating parts, ABS sensor, machined parts, etc. There is plenty of junk out there which is why we sell the timken hubs instead of the cheap stuff.

I am not suggesting you have to spend a lot to get a part, but you do to get a quality part.
Zack, I'm definitely not trying to knock the product at RN, or anyone's for that matter. I've heard great things about RN, a friend of mine up in Yonkers has nothing but great things to say from when he had his RRC.

This just seemed it'd be a good option for folks on a budget who need to replace this bearing. It's like when I found the $120 DII radiator from Genesis auto parts. People had their reservations, but I'm over a year in with mine, and so far it's been great, no leaks, solid temps with the 180 t-stat. This might be the same deal, or I might roach a bearing on the BQE after a few weeks. Someone has to be the guinea pig, right?

I'll advise on who the bearing manufacturer is, and the part quality overall when the part arrives from the UK.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Camel Trophy

I hear you, I am not trying to say you need to buy our hub assemblies by any means. I just want to make sure people know there's a chance they'll get what they pay for.

I have obviously put cheap parts on my vehicles from time to time, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Vehicle ownership can be expensive, especially with a Land Rover. That's why it's great when people find a great deal on a part that works, just like the hyundai purge valve(which I have in my vehicle).

Obviously these hubs are made in china, so a lot of it is a quality control thing.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

have you ever looked close at the factory Land Rover parts boxes, where it says made in you will sees name like Indonesia, Spain, Poland, Germany, Argentina. what the difference?
besides their closer to the work bench

Quick Reply: Inexpensive new rear wheel hub assy on eBay