Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INFO! Needed AND Given!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:47 PM
JKK
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default INFO! Needed AND Given!

Hello All:

Well I've owned my 99 Disco I for about 7 months now (100K miles on it) & except for an alternator replacement, no real problems. She does have a leak from the cooler lines/main seal/front axle...I knew this when I bought it & took a chance so I just watch fluid levels...leaks are pretty minor. Anyone see a problem leaving those alone for the time being as I am sure that will be a hellish project one day?

FYI...I bought the entire factory service manual on CD off EBAY for $10. I took (2) 3" binders to hold it after I printed it. I think this CD supplier continually lists it on EBAY so highly recommended!

Got a few preventive maintenance items I got to get to work on so I thought I'd post these questions & hope some "Disco-Techs" could help.

As far as I know the auto tranny fluid never has been changed. The Rover shop here in town says don't change the filter but change the fluid & recommended using a place that could has the flush machine rather than strictly a drain & refill...do you all agree?

The right rear passenger door is now not wanting to open...from other posts I see it is a replacement piece only, no repair, & a common occurance...do you all also agree?

Lastly...no one seems to sell an install kit for this vehicle for aftermarket CD player (checked Crutchfield, etc. & no one has one). Any ideas where to locate one?

That's it for now! Thanks for any input you have!

JKK

Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: INFO! Needed AND Given!

I got the rave cd free, shipping was free too.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INFO! Needed AND Given!

go to the shop that flushes the transmisiion fluid, it is better than just draining it. When you flush (with preesure) a transmsiion it gets out any sediment that is in the case, draining it doesn't always get it all out. As far as the trans filter, i dont know why you wouldnt change it. You can ignore the leaks as long as you keep the fluid levels in check, i have and am at about 300k on my rover. For the CD player, i would recomend just buying a factory it is less hassel than having to redo all the wiring for the speakers and everything that is involved with a new cd player.