Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Insane DI Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, here is another scenario. If I lock my doors with the key fob the alarm does not set. If I lock the doors with the key the alarm sets. Either way all of the doors lock...

Old 04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Has every one checked their door switches to make sure all of them are working?

Old 04-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
Has every one checked their door switches to make sure all of them are working?
Yes, my interior lights come on no matter the door I open and all the door locks work.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this has always driven me insane and Im glad Im not the only one. My mothers 96' Disco has tortured us for years. Basically if you lock the car with the remote, you better unlock it with the remote. If you lock it with the key, you better unlock it with the key.

And when you lock it with the key, you better unlock it with the key on the drivers door.

Only short-bus blokes from the idiot factory back in england could have designed a more pointless way of arming and unarming the alarm.

90% of the time someone locks the car with a remote or directly from the drivers door. But probably 20% of the time you return to your car and go straight to whatever door suits your need. If you have a cart full of groceries you head straight for the tailgale and open that **** up.

Then the alarm goes off and for reasons that are inexcusable. Ive never encountered another vehicle that had an alarm mechanism that functioned this worthless. I love the vehicle, but how can I love it like I want to when it keeps insisting Im trying to steal the stereo out of it?

In every other car Ive ever sat in, you can lock the car from anywhere and using any method, and you can unlock the car from anywhere using any method.

I dont really understand what the problem is. The only saving grace is the key fob buttons are warped so we havent used the fob for probably 7-8 years.

Anyway I can get a new fob without the gizzards inside and just swap the innards on the current one into a new one? I just need new buttons. If my buttons werent warped and permanently cannibalized, the fob would function fine.

Glad Im not alone. I honestly thought I was just a moron when it came to this alarm system. Id say to myself, 'ok im a college educated guy, this shouldnt be that complicated.' and sure enough give it a few weeks and the alarm would go off.