Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in buying a Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interested in buying a Discovery

Congrats on your new Rover! I have a 2000 DII and I love it. It has had it's share of issues. But, thanks to all of the help on this board, repair costs have been minimal. I used to be a Toyota fan. Then, 2 years ago I go this DII and I'll never have anything different. Like everyone else has mentioned though, it is a LOVE/HATE relationship!! The only advice I would give you is that before you give any money to the dealership, check here for a "do it yourself fix"!!

Old 08-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dmonares

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike
OH YES, all Rovers require premium, thats the price you pay for a great truck.
2000 is a good year especially if you plane to do some serious wheeling. tell us more about the truck and what your plans are.
Mike
I am glad you mentioned it, I have been putting regular in mine since I bought it a few days ago.
PUTTING? How many times have you had to fill up in those few days? I know they don't get good gas mileage but sheesh.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:11 PM
Three Wheeling

Twice, I topped it off since it had a half tank and then I put another 20 in it two days later and I am still going off the 20.00 since I only drive it a few miles a day (if that).

**it is running a little rich, I will get a manual one of these days and mess with it.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:04 PM
4wd High

Completely new to the Land Rover scene, I'm thinking about purchasing a 95 Discovery. A couple questions--

Would it be worthwhile to bring a code reader along when checking out a vehicle for purchase. If so, what type of code reader and what sort of things should I be looking for?

Also, what might constitute a "deal breaker" mechanically as opposed to something that would simply involve moderate pain and suffering to repair? For instance, one Disco I've looked at is fairly wet on the oil pan and on the tie rod ends, but the differentials were dry and CV joints appeared relatively clean. Are there any rules of thumb for determining "normal" seepage versus a "fatal" leak?

Finally, are there any hidden rust trouble spots to look for? I've read that the insulation can block drain holes in the doors and cause rust-through. Anything else to watch for?

Thanks

Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
2nd Gear

Hello, I am looking at getting a D1. I am in Dallas and most D1’s in my area for how much I am looking to spend have between 100k and 115k on them. How many more miles could I expect out of a D1 with proper maintenance and upkeep. I plan on using the rover as a daily driver to school and work about a 35mi round trip every day for two years until I get out of collage. Once a month light off-roading with the local club, when I can get some real tires for it.

Thank you, Kenneth