Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intermittent Wont Start and LCD backlight flashing

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Wont Start and LCD backlight flashing

I have posted before about how my wife's 04 Disco sometimes won't start. I thought that disconnecting the battery leads sometimes had an effect but now I'm not so sure. The battery tests as marginal and puts out 12.6 volts with the car off and I get 13.6 with the truck running.

I have noticed before that the back light for the clock and the odometer flicker a little and I'd be willing to bet it is a symptom.

Also when the car won't start the remote entry only works lathargically and if I set it off the horn is very muted like its not getting enough voltage.

I think that the two symptoms are related and that the imobilizer and the LCD lights share a ground.

Before I start digging around randomly is there a shared ground I should be looking for?

I have removed, cleaned and repeatedly checked all of the connections in the engine compartment by the battery including removing the entire fuse box and cleaning all of its connections and all of the ones to all of the fuses and relays. No surprise it made no difference as it was all pristinely clean before but I wanted to be thorough.

Where should I be looking? Any other ideas?

Thanks

Eric