Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone mount for 99-04 Discovery 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts
Default iPhone mount for 99-04 Discovery 2

What kind of mount are you guys(and gals) using for your phones?
I have had a Kuda mount for my Silverado and loved it. I checked on their site and they have mounts for Land Rovers.
attached is a pic from their website for the 99-04 Discovery 2.

iPhone mount for 99-04 Discovery 2-thumb.php.jpeg

This is the backing only that attaches to the console, and you have to buy the swivel mount for your particular phone. I already have the swivel that screws into the backing. I know they are a little pricey, but handmade in Germany.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 963 Likes on 641 Posts

I'm a fan of my cup holder, but that's just me. I did, however, have an iPad mount for a time.

Old 03-31-2015, 05:25 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
I'm a fan of my cup holder.
X2
Reliable. Sturdy. Blends well with the interior. And best of all, you can put you phone in front of the window switches and have space for your cup of coffee in the morning.

Old 03-31-2015, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

You rich folk.....just bragging that you can have a rover and an iPhone.
After the maintenance I bearly have enough scratch for a jitterbug.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:28 AM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

I use this guy. I modified it a bit by peeling off the plastic around the insert for the cd slot, because I have it wedged in above the radio. You may not really need to do that.

It works really well, and I have no complaints.

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories

Old 03-31-2015, 08:18 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by CollieRover
I use this guy. I modified it a bit by peeling off the plastic around the insert for the cd slot, because I have it wedged in above the radio. You may not really need to do that.

It works really well, and I have no complaints.

Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: MP3 Players & Accessories
I have the magnetic version of that mount. I have it wedged below the radio. It blocks dash cup holders, but I installed the center console cup holders.

Old 03-31-2015, 08:26 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check out Rokform cases and mounts. They have a secure mounting system designed into the back of the case. You get the case and a "hockey puck" that will 3M tape to the dash (or where ever you decide to put it). I installed the mount on my overhead console (space where sunroof buttons are usually located). It will mount vertically or horizontally. I also bought a mount for my bicycle that works the same way to secure the phone. It's a really nice product and worth the money, at least to me. Only problem now, I changed phones and they don't make a case for the Note 4.
Shop Mountable, Protective cases and Accessories for Apple iPhone and Samsung.

In our new truck, I bought a Koomus K2 mount. It is very sturdy and secure. It uses a suction type mount to stick to the dash or the windshield. It works great in the truck. So much that my wife wants me to put one in the Disco. I'm just not sure how well it will stick to a textured dash like the Disco has. The spot in my truck I mounted it to is smooth.
Amazon.com: Koomus K2 Dashboard Windshield Universal Smartphone iPhone Car Mount Holder Cradle for iPhone 6 6+ 5 5S 5C 4S 4 3GS iPod Touch Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 Note 2 Note 3 Google Droid GPS Smartphone car mount in White: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Koomus K2 Dashboard Windshield Universal Smartphone iPhone Car Mount Holder Cradle for iPhone 6 6+ 5 5S 5C 4S 4 3GS iPod Touch Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 Note 2 Note 3 Google Droid GPS Smartphone car mount in White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 03-31-2015, 09:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dusty1
You rich folk.....just bragging that you can have a rover and an iPhone.
After the maintenance I bearly have enough scratch for a jitterbug.
That is funny, I have been following your engine build, with envy, I must say. I have built engines for 45 years, and can't wait to be able to afford a build like yours.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:08 AM
Winching
Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Old 03-31-2015, 11:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by robert.juric
I am not sure I like where the center mount is mounted on the proclip. This picture of mine mounted on the silverado is more what i would like to see.
iPhone mount for 99-04 Discovery 2-img_2765.jpg

Quick Reply: iPhone mount for 99-04 Discovery 2