Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've had this happen twice

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've had this happen twice

I had been traveling at about 70 mph for at least 40 miles then slowed down at the exit I wanted and as I did I got the three amigos. They stayed on till I shut down and when I restarted they were gone. Both times I had it checked for codes - 0 - No codes appeared on the scanner either time. Which I believe to be a good thing????

Could this be some kind of voltage drop??? I've had my battery/alternator checked and they seem to be working okay. Should I be looking closer at the alternator???

This is also why I was trying to find out what size battery these take - I haven't replaced it yet but that was my thought and question after it happened the first time, I just thought I'd wait to see if it happened again...yep it did.

Thanks for any suggestions

Robert

Old 10-25-2009, 02:04 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Night Train
I had been traveling at about 70 mph for at least 40 miles then slowed down at the exit I wanted and as I did I got the three amigos. They stayed on till I shut down and when I restarted they were gone. Both times I had it checked for codes - 0 - No codes appeared on the scanner either time. Which I believe to be a good thing????

Could this be some kind of voltage drop??? I've had my battery/alternator checked and they seem to be working okay. Should I be looking closer at the alternator???

This is also why I was trying to find out what size battery these take - I haven't replaced it yet but that was my thought and question after it happened the first time, I just thought I'd wait to see if it happened again...yep it did.

Thanks for any suggestions

Robert

the last few times mine have popped up was at highway speed. the last go around was when parked on a slope. before that it was at a dead stop at traffic lights.

they are a mysterious **** those 3amigos

Old 10-25-2009, 07:19 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bet the connector inside your ABS module is going bad (see the hummer ABS modulator fix). That can give you the mysterious random 3 amigos. Did you scan the ABS system while the light was on? It could be a sensor going bad too but that should sore a code in your history.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"they are a mysterious **** those 3amigos"

Some **** are cool, these ones can give you stuff you can't get rid of!

"Did you scan the ABS system while the light was on?"

The lights only stayed on while was running - then - not after restart. If I am (starting to) understand - the ABS code reader is different than the obwhateverthehell- it was they (autozone) used???

Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

for those ***** I think they use the OB-GYN reader!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lipadj46
I bet the connector inside your ABS module is going bad (see the hummer ABS modulator fix). That can give you the mysterious random 3 amigos. Did you scan the ABS system while the light was on? It could be a sensor going bad too but that should sore a code in your history.
based on research i have done it does sound like a ABS switch could be the **** that is guilty,,,