Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just replaced spark plugs....now I'm having issues.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No they won't let you. I bet their profit margin is so slim on them that they would lose money with the 10% off.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well before I ordered I used the promo code "BIMMERFORUM-10". I found it on a BMW forum, and it worked!!! even on the magnecor wires. I just used it today, I'm sure it will work for anyone else. The promo code I gave earlier was what I received once the order was placed. Also, you can check out any code by putting something in your shopping cart, and going to check out, free to check.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It works but they will email you when they process the order and say no, and offer you the chance to cancel your order.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

if the light isnt flashing, then its probably not the wires causing your issue, it takes a pretty good misfire to do what youre saying... check and make sure that you didnt leave any connectors unpluged, mafs, throttle pot, and make sure all your hoses are still tight. and the wire size doesnt all too much matter, you can use the stock ones with any plugs, as long as the plugs are the correct type, but the coil puts out what the coil puts out, different plug dont make more voltage through the wire

Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
Drifting

I went and checked all the connections, and everything is looking good. I rechecked all the spark plug and noticed that one of the plug wires comes off rather easily. It feels a little too easy to me.....but i do feel a "snap" when I put it on?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

For short drives as long as your check engine light doesn't flash at you, you should be fine.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Drifting

Well, I just got in the magnecor's and installed them today, but I'm still having the same problem!.........What should I check next. Does this sound like an over-tightening/under-tightening spark plug issue? Also, the service engine soon light just came on.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Drifting

rechecked all the connection and started her up, I was watching the engine, and I could see a spark going off fairly consistently behind one of the wires. It was secure, but I no I shouldn't actually be seeing a spark?........I didn't see it on any of the other 7 wires/plugs. the spark plug is brand new!, any thoughts?

Old 08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could have been a bad wire right out of the box. Call where you bought them from and see what they will do about it. If it is missing really bad you could use one of the stock wires that you pulled off and put it on the one that is sparking.

Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 AM
Drifting

well..........I took off the wire and removed the spark plug, and I found a very small crack in the spark plug. These things were brand new!!.....I probably cracked it, putting it in.....back to Napa for me

Quick Reply: just replaced spark plugs....now I'm having issues.