Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyfob plip code conversion, short to long

Old 12-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Keyfob plip code conversion, short to long

OK. Looking through the PDF document to do the reverse hash generation to get the CODE1 & 2. I think my calculation is off, when i'm doing 5c & 7c in the process. Possibly because math was not my strong suit. but good lord i'm good at following instructions, but i'm not getting the same result. anybody done this before that's still around? I get a division result after 143/43=3.325581395348837. But when i look at the example it's a way different value.

My transmitter code:
2EA7DB
Region -USA = J

Source Document:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ey-fobs-45057/

Note* attached PDF is the same worksheet from the Original linked thread listed above. figured i'd make it easy, instead of jumping around to find the related content.

Note 2*. use the Excel Sheet Sandman614 has below, it does everyhing you need when you drop in your 6digit plip/fob code. Otherwise, if you really want the long division result. below link will get that remainder value.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/math/remainder

Attached Files

Last edited by Seattled2; 12-13-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: adding calc for remainder value
Old 12-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Seattled2
OK. Looking through the PDF document to do the reverse hash generation to get the CODE1 & 2. I think my calculation is off, when i'm doing 5c & 7c in the process. Possibly because math was not my strong suit. but good lord i'm good at following instructions, but i'm not getting the same result. anybody done this before that's still around? I get a division result after 143/43=3.325581395348837. But when i look at the example it's a way different value.

My transmitter code:
2EA7DB
Region -USA = J

Source Document:
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...ey-fobs-45057/

Note* attached PDF is the same worksheet from the Original linked thread listed above. figured i'd make it easy, instead of jumping around to find the related content.
Here's a spreadsheet I dug up with my searching on the topic. See if it comes out better with the computer doing the math.

Attached Files
File Type: xls
disco2_fobcode_20130409.xls (34.0 KB, 288 views)
The following users liked this post:
Seattled2 (12-13-2018)
Old 12-13-2018, 01:10 PM
Drifting
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Update:
Got it programmed using my friends Diag Tool `Launch x431`. Which researching, is the same company that makes the iLand diag. It looks like the iLand is restricted to just Land Rover, vs having additional manufactures.

BUT that Excel Sheet is perfect! and saving it for the future. It really should be a sticky imo. Thanks again @Sandman614!. I had the reverse code#2 off, and was able to program it.

Note on Keyfob Programmers, it looks like the following will program keyfob/plips without the long Codes, and just needs the 6digits on the Key:
Nanocom
Hawkeye
Launch x431 (I confirmed this last night). Which means it's possible the iLand as well, as its the same parent company.

Last edited by Seattled2; 12-13-2018 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
A1Premier (11-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2018, 01:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I have and use the Nanocom, and the Hawkeye. The Naonocom Will program NEW and USED key fobs, with NO bar code needed. The Hawkeye will program only NEW key fobs, but WILL NOT program used ones of any kind. I have no knowledge of the Launch x431; have never owned one. . In reality, though, NONE of these truly program the key fobs, they program the vehicle BCU computer to accept the key fob.key fobs, they program the vehicle BCU computer to accept the key fob.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Hawkeye will program the vehicle with used remotes. I’ve done it. What it won’t do is program them with the short code, or at least the version I had wouldn’t. I got the long code from a user here. I even programmed the same remote on both D2 I had in my garage at the same time to see if I could. It worked, but wasn’t very practical.

Old 06-22-2020, 03:38 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

Having issue with Ebay/Aliexpress/Chinese D2 (TD5) fobs. They come with 2 long (bar)code numbers and no 6-digit code.
Has anyone figured out how to translate the long code into the 6-digit code which the Nanocom
uses?

Help!!

Old 06-22-2020, 04:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
If I remember correctly.... drop the first digit (J?) and the next 6 is your 6-character key code.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 06-22-2020 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:44 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Welcome to the forum.
If I remember correctly.... drop the first digit (J?) and the next 6 is your 6-character key code.
Have tried that. Doesnt work

Old 06-23-2020, 06:42 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 401 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by rovereyal
Hello,

Having issue with Ebay/Aliexpress/Chinese D2 (TD5) fobs. They come with 2 long (bar)code numbers and no 6-digit code.
Has anyone figured out how to translate the long code into the 6-digit code which the Nanocom
uses?

Help!!

I just bought a spare fob off ebay, was SUPPOSED to have the 6 digit code sticker as in the 'for sale' image. It has only the bar codes. I was just looking on the net for bar code to 6 digit conversion, but could only find the opposite........

I'm going to try this later today....post 19#
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/discovery...de-help-2.html

Last edited by XRAD; 06-23-2020 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:13 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by XRAD
I just bought a spare fob off ebay, was SUPPOSED to have the 6 digit code sticker as in the 'for sale' image. It has only the bar codes. I was just looking on the net for bar code to 6 digit conversion, but could only find the opposite........

I'm going to try this later today....post 19#
https://www.aulro.com/afvb/discovery...de-help-2.html

This is EXACTLY what happened to me! Same result on Ebay and on Aliexpress. The seller images show the 6 digit code sticker and then it arrives only with the 2 long barcode/numbers. Update from today - we managed to program one of these remotes using a universal OBD II scanner, it accepted the long codes. So at least we have a workaround for now.
I have contacted Nanocom (BlackBox Solutions support) and they havent been much help yet - from their reply: "remove the 1st digit and use the next 6 digits" - they researched it in the online forums. I pushed back and complained that their competitors (Hawkeye...) know how to work with the long codes, and requested they sort it out.

Could you (or anyone else) pls update us if you figure out how to "translate" the long codes into the 6digits which the Nanocom uses?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Keyfob plip code conversion, short to long