Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry receiver module location?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulMc
They're $hittin' you

Thinking about this, I may have been a little harsh there

For the money that they've quoted, and the requirement to re-programme the keys - I think that they've quoted you for replacing the BCU, rather than the alarm receiver.

Old 06-19-2014, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I'll mention that on my MY2003, that the remote stopped working, and I was unable to re-program it with my hawkeye, even though I had the codes. I figured that I needed an new receiver, and left it alone. Before I got around to buying a replacement part, I was using the hawkeye (or the nanocom?) to play with some settings on the BCU to see what they did. After I was done, the remote started working again. I think maybe the BCU was just locked up or something and needed a reboot.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:26 AM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, now I don't know if I should replace the keyless module just yet. It could be that, or the BCU, or could it be the interior fuse block?

Here's what I know so far:
* The first place I went to said they would reprogram my keys for free. Hooked up their Autel, and when he got to the screen just before entering in the key code, the buttons on the Autel screen would flash on and off. He had to time it just right to hit the correct button to get to the next screen to enter the codes. Maybe one of the units has a short?
* I also heard the horn go of a few times when they tried something different. I think they were turning the key a certain amount of times in the door lock or ignition. I think I read something about that somewhere.
* The central lock button does work. Everything else in the truck works, also. I show no codes on my cheapo scanner.

Also, when I said $120 to program the keys, I should have said $60 for each key.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulMc
Thinking about this, I may have been a little harsh there

For the money that they've quoted, and the requirement to re-programme the keys - I think that they've quoted you for replacing the BCU, rather than the alarm receiver.

I'm pretty sure he said it was the keyless entry module, when I called back the next day to go over his estimate. I asked him if it was the alarm/keyless entry module, and he said yes.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by OCMike
I'm pretty sure he said it was the keyless entry module, when I called back the next day to go over his estimate. I asked him if it was the alarm/keyless entry module, and he said yes.
the problem is there isn't just one module that does all functions of the alarm/keyless. So he might be trying to sell you a BCU or he might be trying to sell you a receiver.

Old 06-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

I called Autologic tech support and they confirmed that the receiver needs no programming, plug and play.