Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knocked another to do off my list - Fixed Seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Knocked another to do off my list - Fixed Seat

The rear right corner of my driver's seat collapsed a couple months ago. It's hard to explain but there is a bolt back there that hold the back of the seats elevated properly. I've been driving around with a crooked seat and it's been really annoying. The problem was that the bolt was tack welded on both ends so I could not just loosen it raise the seat and then retighten it. I had to remove the seat completely dremel it off and put a new bolt on. Hopefully it holds up. If not I will just tack weld the 2 pieces of metal together and be done with it.

One interesting thing I discovered was that I thought my lumbar bags were popped but they are working but there is a little "trampoline" that is supposed to hold the bag tight. That has stretched out with age and now the bag sticks farther out the back than the front. I don't think there is a fix for this unless you can buy a new trampoline thing and replace it.

FYI the seats are easy to get out and completely disassemble including getting to guts.

Anyhow feels good to know another to do off the list. Is still have suspension and brakes to go.