Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Know your evap family!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Know your evap family!

As most of you know, when you replace your O2 sensors you need to match your new sensors with your evap family. AB has the following write-up on it;

"If your Discovery I was built in October 1996 or later, it has a specific 'Evaporative Emissions Family'; that will help you determine key fuel system replacement parts like oxygen sensors, fuel pump, fuel filler cap, fuel tank and filler pipe assembly, charcoal canister and more. To identify your 'Evap. Family', check your vehicle information label under the hood on the vertical face of the hood latch panel.

VLR1124AYPFE - Advanced Evaporative Loss System

VLR1060AYPBC - Standard Evaporative Loss System"

BUT when I checked the evap family on my 1998 I stumbled on this number:

WLRXE0124001

I did some research and found out that if you have a 1998 or 1999 DI you have the Advanced Evaporative Loss System. The best way to tell it is the following:

"The easiest way to tell is by the shape of the charcoal cannister. For you, there should be no question that you have the advanced system with the large rectagular cannister siting on its side on the right inner fender in the engine compartment. It really is a question that owners of 1997 DI's really have to face because it was early in the model year that the changeover took place. The earlier style of evaporative emissions had a round cannister that stood upright."

I tought about sharing this simple fact... Hope this will help.

The following users liked this post:
reboot (01-17-2017)