Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I know I know...but

Old 06-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know I know...but

Ok I have a feeling I'm going to get beat up pretty bad for this question, but I need to ask it anyway. I own a 2003 Disco HSE with an OME lift and I love it to death. LOVE IT! I was off roading this weekend in Utah with it and towing my camper, I drove it to work this morning.

Just for future consideration. If/when my Disco dies... What do yall think of a Jeep Commander? [sounds of things being thrown at me] I know I know. I rented one once when I was one the road for business and I have to say I didn't like it. Granted it was the V6 version and even on the small stuff I bottomed out like a million times. However. I need a V8 for towing my camper. I'm not hearing a lot of great things about the LR3 (as far as off roading is concerned - even from my dealer) and I'll never be able to afford a Range Rover even if it's 100 years old. The Commander offers the 5.7L Hemi and it's a little bigger then the Disco (nice for my bikes/dogs/etc...)

Anyway, I'm looking for some good honest information, does anyone have any experience with the Commander? Can you set them up, or is it just fundamentally a grocery getter? Should I look at the LR3 anyway? I posed this same question in a Jeep forum and all I got "Oh yeah the Commander will run circles around your Land Rover", no real information though.

Thanks,
Brian