Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Disco II (2000) Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 01:42 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Land Rover Disco II (2000) Speaker Replacement

Hello All -

I am new here, so please forgive me if there is another post about this buried somewhere.... But I have been digging through these threads trying to find some solid info on where I can find some speakers to replace a few HK factories. I have the upgraded package with the A-Frame Tweeters, mid range & low and then the read door subs.

Both of my front door mid ranges are completely blow and sound terrible - I would like to replace these first. Is there a particular spot I can purchase factory replacements? The sub is also blow - and would like to replace those second.

I will likely need to replace all of them at some point - but the mids are by far the worst. I have Googled, e-bayed and searched forums with not much help.

Any advice would be fantastic - I'm not looking to bump - I just need some good, quality non-crackily sound!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

Old 11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DayPhan
Hello All -

I am new here, so please forgive me if there is another post about this buried somewhere.... But I have been digging through these threads trying to find some solid info on where I can find some speakers to replace a few HK factories. I have the upgraded package with the A-Frame Tweeters, mid range & low and then the read door subs.

Both of my front door mid ranges are completely blow and sound terrible - I would like to replace these first. Is there a particular spot I can purchase factory replacements? The sub is also blow - and would like to replace those second.

I will likely need to replace all of them at some point - but the mids are by far the worst. I have Googled, e-bayed and searched forums with not much help.

Any advice would be fantastic - I'm not looking to bump - I just need some good, quality non-crackily sound!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!
DayPhan...I know Roverland has used subwoofers...but I would call them and ask about the other speakers you need as well: http://www.roverlandparts.com/discovery-subwoofers.aspx

Good luck and let us know if you do find a reliable source for factory speakers besides the stealership.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:44 PM
5th Gear

at $150 for the stock ones i would much rather get some really good woofers aftermarket

Old 09-04-2011, 12:55 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go after market, Polk make some really good speakers, that should be a direct fit, make sure when hooking up the wires to the speaker u put them on the same way they came off, it wont damage your speakers, but it will make the speakers sound different as when the bass hit they will hit at a different time making it sound wiered.You could even get low range spekers or high range speakers with tweeters on them, yes they sound great.Go to best buy they can tell you what will fit.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:08 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ajmille
Go after market, Polk make some really good speakers, that should be a direct fit, make sure when hooking up the wires to the speaker u put them on the same way they came off, it wont damage your speakers, but it will make the speakers sound different as when the bass hit they will hit at a different time making it sound wiered.You could even get low range speakers or high range speakers with tweeters on them, yes they sound great.Go to best buy they can tell you what will fit.
polks are fairly good but i had them in my 07 f150 and i must say boston acustics or MTX would sound far more superior to polks (keep in mind im referring to entry level priced units not top of the line) specially running an aftermarket stereo,when it comes to headunits i found alpines and clarions to work best with properly wired up component systems.