Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Land Rover Discovery ‘family’ could include a Jeep Renegade-sized micro SUV

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Land Rover Discovery ‘family’ could include a Jeep Renegade-sized micro SUV

New details have emerged on the Land Rover Discovery “family” of SUVs announced at the 2014 New York Auto Show last month.
Land Rover design studio director Richard Woolley said the family could encompass three models or more.
At the center of the lineup will be a redesigned SUV based on the Discovery Vision Concept shown in New York, which will replace the current LR4 and bring the Discovery name back to the United States.
Below that will sit a smaller vehicle named Discovery Sport, which will likely replace the current LR2 (known as the Freelander abroad) as a more utilitarian alternative to the Range Rover Evoque.
According to Auto Express, the third model could be an even smaller, Nissan Juke-sized vehicle that could compete with the Audi Q1 in Europe, and perhaps make for an upscale alternative to the Jeep Renegade in the U.S.
Micro SUVs like the Renegade and Buick Encore seem to be gaining a foothold in the U.S. market, but it would be interesting to see if buyers would be willing to accept such a vehicle with a Land Rover badge, and pay the likely price premium to get it.
With this flurry of new models, Land Rover is attempting to replicate the success it’s had with the Range Rover, which has spawned both the Evoque and the Sport to create a high-achieveing vehicular family.
The Discovery family’s genesis begins next year with the rollout of the full-size and Sport models.

Article By Stephen Edelstein
Read more: Land Rover Discovery "family" could include micro-SUV | Digital Trends
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Old 05-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the clearance between the wheel and fender. That screams off-road Another Lame mall crawler from Land Rover.

Land Rover is slipping in the off-road game big time. If I was going to buy a new off-road vehicle today it would be a Jeep no questions asked. LR needs to bring the Defender back to the US market to win back my support.

Homeland security just seized 20 illegal defenders from some rich Doctor in Cali last year. Shame on me. I didn't realize our beloved Land Rovers were such a threat to national security. I guess our money wasting government doesn't have anything better to do with there time and money.
Exclusive: Feds Declare War on Imported Land Rover Defenders

Last edited by Jared9220; 05-21-2014 at 10:15 AM.