Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking Disco

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking Disco

99 Disco II. I have water coming in from the roof and appearing in each front corner of the headliner. The only thing I can think of given the location is the water around the rubber seatings where the roof rack sits. I've checked and the rubber still feels pliable. This happen with anyone else and if so whats the fix, besides replacement? many thanks.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Leaking Disco

Sounds like your sunroof drains at the front A pillars are the source. These provide the drainage for water that accumulates in the sheet metal channel that surrounds the sunroof. Removing the grab handles, pillar finishers,and popping the headliner partially down should allow you to see what I'm talking about.

Regards,

Geoman

www.eurotekapg.com

Old 09-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: geoman

Sounds like your sunroof drains at the front A pillars are the source. These provide the drainage for water that accumulates in the sheet metal channel that surrounds the sunroof. Removing the grab handles, pillar finishers,and popping the headliner partially down should allow you to see what I'm talking about.

Regards,

Geoman

www.eurotekapg.com
Many thanks geoman - that sounds like the issue. I'll give it a whirl. Are there drains for the rear sunroof as well and if so, can you share their location? Thanks again.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes--there are rear drains also. You stated that the water leaks were appearing at the front of the headliner, so my advise was to check the front drains. The rears are plumbed to the "C" pillar. You might as well check those also. The rears leaking seem to be more of a issue with P38 Range Rovers, where the water collects in the spare tire well.

Regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com

Old 09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Overlanding

ORIGINAL: geoman

Yes--there are rear drains also. You stated that the water leaks were appearing at the front of the headliner, so my advise was to check the front drains. The rears are plumbed to the "C" pillar. You might as well check those also. The rears leaking seem to be more of a issue with P38 Range Rovers, where the water collects in the spare tire well.

Regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com
Yes - Correct it is the front, but as you suggest, I thought I would check them all while I'm at it. Thanks again.