Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift time! questions re: SLS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Did you get the +2 shocks? If so, you should put +2" lines in at the 4 corners. If you need to replace the 4 lines, it would be a good time replace the two jump lines since you have to bleed the system.

When I replaced my jump lines, I ran into corrosion issues that stripped two of the fittings on the steel lines. One line I replaced and the other I replaced the fitting and reflared the end.

You can also make your own spacers for the crossmember. If you search, you will find that some people remove it and others have modified it. I haven't done anything with mine yet. But, when I do, I will make sure to soak the bolts in PB Blaster before I do.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acamato
Did you get the +2 shocks? If so, you should put +2" lines in at the 4 corners. If you need to replace the 4 lines, it would be a good time replace the two jump lines since you have to bleed the system.

When I replaced my jump lines, I ran into corrosion issues that stripped two of the fittings on the steel lines. One line I replaced and the other I replaced the fitting and reflared the end.

You can also make your own spacers for the crossmember. If you search, you will find that some people remove it and others have modified it. I haven't done anything with mine yet. But, when I do, I will make sure to soak the bolts in PB Blaster before I do.
So do the "jump lines" have failures too? This rig was gently used for skiing here in the Pacific NW where we do not use salt on the roads, so not much corrosion. We use gravel, so rock chips are very common - all the lights on the front of the truck were replaced before I bought it.

Guess I was just ranting about not being advised of this on the phone when I ordered the lift parts. Rant over, had my dose of wiskey. :-)

Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, if I were to take the cross member off and have a shop locally make spacers, how thick are the ones everyone is using? I figure about an inch.