Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of breaking power?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Loss of breaking power?

Ive noticed my break pedal goes almost all the way to the floor before it begins to bring my disco to a stop. if i push it and when it comes back up i push it again its nice a stiff like it use to be. is this a failing master cylinder or could it be that i just need new break lines?

Also currently i have semi metallic break pads on there that need changing not sure if that could be anything. i don't have the money for akibonos but these i have on there now are under warranty and i will get new ones free. The problem i have found is when they get wet they squeal and I'm going on a trail this weekend where they get wet and i don't want the squeal to trigger the amigos. is there anything i can put on the new pads this week like some of the anti squeal paste to prevent that?

Finally i know semi metallics produce a lot of dust what do i need to clean/what do i clean with to prevent the amigos from tripping due to break dust?

Old 01-07-2014, 12:29 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may have air in your system, bleed your brakes and you should be fine. (FL, FR, RR, RL Bleed in that order) As for squealing I think there is anti sqeal paste you can buy for your rotors, look at your local parts store and ask Im sure they have some.