Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loss of power,bucking

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 02:26 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loss of power,bucking

Please help,Help,HELP.
I own a 2001 disco and i have been having problems with itfor the past few weeks. when i accelerate under partial throtle, at times the vehicle starts to buck and i lose all power. When this happens the spedo drops from what ever speed i was going down to ZERO.
I took the truck to the stealer and was told that the front left hub was bad, and the ABS module was on its way out. of course they would fix it for me if i hand over my first born son...(no deal). i ordered two new front hubs and replaced them. the problem did not go away. it still presists. this is very frustraiting and im trying to think "out the box". could the problem be a Mass Airflow Sensor??? If it is, how is it that the spedo drops down to ZERO. Could the problem be in the ABS module??? the shuttle??? Ugg im so frustrated. PS at this time i dont have any check engine light. Please HELP, I love the truck and dont want to get rid of it.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: loss of power,bucking

Well just because it is giving you trouble doesnt mean you have to get rid of it. And who would buy it in that state anyways?
The hubs and ABS will not make it lose power, you were ripped off.
With it in neutral rev the engine and see what happens, if it still does it then it is something engine related.
If it only does it in gear then it is probally in the transmission.
So go to the driveway, start it up, set the parking brake and slowly rev the engine and see how it revs smoothly or stumbles. Rev it right up to 3,000 rpm which is highway rpm's.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: loss of power,bucking

Call me this aftyernoon and don't throw any more money at the truck till we talk, hubs for a engine issue, someone got you good.
303-862-7680
Colorad before 8 pm