Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Beam & Running Lights on same fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 09:55 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Beam & Running Lights on same fuse?

Please excuse me for jumping in and asking a question before I've done any hard research. I thought I just had a burned out bulb on my RH low beams, but then I realized the orange running lights are out as well. However, the turn signal works.

Sound like a fuse issue? I haven't had a chance to pull the proper fuse and see if it's broken. Any insight appreciated!

Old 01-28-2020, 10:30 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoNickBK
Please excuse me for jumping in and asking a question before I've done any hard research. I thought I just had a burned out bulb on my RH low beams, but then I realized the orange running lights are out as well. However, the turn signal works.

Sound like a fuse issue? I haven't had a chance to pull the proper fuse and see if it's broken. Any insight appreciated!
They're on separate fuses, but it's certainly possible that the fuse for the daytime running light relay or something else in that circuit is broken. You're looking for Fuse 13 in the engine compartment or a couple of components in the passenger compartment fuse box; refer to page 43.4 of the electrical circuit diagrams for a complete picture.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:46 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: all the fuses were good so I replaced the main headlight bulb and it worked. The small orange bulb is out as well. All connections and wires and such look good...guess they both just burned out? Seems fishy but at 172k+ miles I guess anything is possible.