Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luck would have it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 01:54 PM
Mudding
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
All that aftermarket stuff on that D2 = yours, they aren't giving you $$$ for aftermarket parts unless they say so. In that case you have the right to pull whatever you want off of it if you let it go.
Yup, when my wife totaled her BMW two years ago, I spent weeks negotiating everything from the wheels to the exhaust system. They ended up letting me yank the car from the insurance yard, swap back off of the factory parts for my aftermarket parts, and have the car brought back to the yard. We then settled on a price. I took the aftermarket parts and and put them on the exact same car.

Old 11-13-2020, 09:36 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shanechevelle
Sept 19, 1230 am.

A lady high or drunk on something hit the fire hydrant in front of where our Rover was parked. She detached the hydrant sending it flying as well as her car. The hydrant flew under the rover as she launched on top of the hood, driving over the front end and landing in the street.

My question is...

Value of the Rover.

234,000 miles. Engine, trans runs like a top. Terra firma suspension as well as steering linkage, dampener. brushguard, snorkel, light covers, step, ladder, roof rack, new brakes within the year and two new tires within the year. The insurance is, what I feel, lowballing us. We managed to talk them up to $3500 but my wife is adamant about not giving them the roof rack and ladder.

Interior is immaculate except for the stress marks in the seat bottom of the drivers seat. It is NOT cracked.

I have a ton of questions on how to handle this as I dont even know the name of the other driver. There is an investigation going on with the police etc.

Ask away, I need some advice as well as have a ton of gripes.
If the car was parked, it’s a no fault, not sure why your insurance company is involved at all. Our sons 2001 V70 which had a salvage title and we paid $1500 for it. The car was being driven by our oldest son and insured on our policy (liability only), he had the car parked and was picking up food, a driver in a rental pickup attempted to pull into the space next to the Volvo, he side swiped it and then continued over the sidewalk and into the sub shop. He had State Farm as well, I contacted them, they said I did not need to notify my insurance since their driver was 100 percent at fault. I used the mobile app to take pictures for the estimate. They said it was a total loss and offered $3475. I asked them how soon they could pick it up. They need to offer an amount to replace yours with a similar vehicle, mods included. I would do my best to get the number up and if you want another D2 and have the space, purchase the vehicle back as you’d have all the parts to build it back better by swapping parts to another D2. My .02

Old 11-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

We kept the truck. I'm currently looking for another, preferably white, SE7. 99-02.

If someone finds one, please let me know.

Old 11-14-2020, 05:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 247 Likes on 199 Posts

We kept the truck. I'm currently looking for another, preferably white, SE7. 99-02.

If someone finds one, please let me know.
https://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/d...216154108.html

not mine.

Edit: and not an SE7.

Last edited by jastutte; 11-14-2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: information
Old 11-15-2020, 04:40 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by jastutte
I did see that ad on CL. I prefer something that's not messed with too much.
They put those plastic headlights on an earlier year. If it wasnt done correctly theres a ton of monkey rigging going on. Makes me think there may be other issues.

The following users liked this post:
jastutte (11-15-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 10:08 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 247 Likes on 199 Posts

I did see that ad on CL. I prefer something that's not messed with too much.
They put those plastic headlights on an earlier year. If it wasnt done correctly theres a ton of monkey rigging going on. Makes me think there may be other issues.
yeah. that's kept me from jumping on it, as well.

but thought id throw it out there anyway.