Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Not Working

This forum is my last hope for getting my 01 Discovery running. I’ve researched the hell out of the issues they have and went down the long list of repairs trying every one and still no luck. I’m not a car mechanic by trade, but I do restore and build vintage motorcycles. I’ve worked on many cars, pulling engines apart and rebuilding. My discovery literally has me pulling my hair out!
It all started when it was sitting for a while and the battery died. So I put a new battery in it. I noticed then the fuel pump wasn’t going on. Checked the spark and it had spark. It will run on starter flued or gas if it is sprayed in the intake. So I changed the sending unit, did nothing. Then I thought it might inertia switch, so I changed that. Nothing... Then figured it must be EKA code, so I went to the dealer and got that info. That didn’t work. So then I moved on to the crank position censor, put a brand new one in, still nothing. The last thing I tried yesterday was putting in a different BCM that had been tested, just to see if it was that and still the fuel pump is not going on. I’ve spent so much time trying to get this thing running again and I’m out of ideas at this point. I love this vehicle and have owed it for years now. I’d like to get it on the road again.

NEED HELP!!!

HC

Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts

Maybe you purchased a bad fuel pump. Buy the $60 Airtex unit. You can always return it.