Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make Discovery Great Again

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 08:45 AM
Mudding
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AidanIsaacson
Okay guys... Here's a good one.

My 2000 Disco 2 used to be my mom's before she passed away, I grew up in this vehicle and I don't want to let it go. But it's just been such a pain in the *** over the last year it's gonna get parked for a while until I can really put the time/money into it to make it a solid daily and reliable off-roader.

It's over 100k miles now and it needs some service because it was neglected in it's early life. Here's what I want to do...

>Swap the axles for Dana 44s or Dana 60s (either find driver side drop axles or have the axle tubes flipped and trussed. Custom mounts of course)
>2" Medium springs in front, semi truck air bags in the rear
>Get the LT230 kit off Toddco for the driveshaft adapters
>Also Toddco's 2wd/4wd conversion
>Swap the ZF4HP22 trans for the 04's ZF4HP24
>install trans dipstick if I can find a place
>Either Bore, Port Polish, roller cam/lifters/rockers, headers and propane dual fuel conversion on STOCK engine
>Or swap in Chevy 350/LS1 and adapt the Rover sensors on to it

im pretty sure I can make most of this happen over the next couple years... Really just hoping for questions, comments and concerns from you guys. Any obvious problems (besides the engine swap) that you see?
I like your plan but i'd change some things if it were mine.

Chevy 5.3 would be easier to find and cheaper.. I'd go that route. I dont have much love for the rover engines in the Disco's but once that's addressed I wouldn't mess with much else besides a typical build(bumper/lift/etc).

I'd strongly consider doing a Diesel swap but the disco 2 electrics would probably make that a nightmare unless you sourced a rover engine.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:56 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWesson
I like your plan but i'd change some things if it were mine.

Chevy 5.3 would be easier to find and cheaper.. I'd go that route. I dont have much love for the rover engines in the Disco's but once that's addressed I wouldn't mess with much else besides a typical build(bumper/lift/etc).

I'd strongly consider doing a Diesel swap but the disco 2 electrics would probably make that a nightmare unless you sourced a rover engine.
I'm aiming for a 2-3 inch lift all said and done. Bumper will probably be included with all the fab work I'd be having done. I've actually been thinking about a Chevy 305ci small block with fuel injection, I think a high compression 305 with a little higher psi in the rails would run on the stock computers w/o an engine light.

trust me man, if there were a way I could get a solid diesel in this thing I'd have a 4BT already haha