Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making Disco II quieter?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010 | 07:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default idea

Roll it off a cliff....

Sorry, i couldn't resist....just a dream i have for mine....

Old 06-07-2010 | 10:24 AM
TReK

nonavon - Then I'm sorry for misinterpreting it, but just because you say "no offense" doesn't mean you can say anything you want without actually offending someone.

Old 06-08-2010 | 11:04 AM
|
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
nonavon - Then I'm sorry for misinterpreting it, but just because you say "no offense" doesn't mean you can say anything you want without actually offending someone.
I didn't try to offend anyone. My writing skills are just lacking which = misinterpretation

Old 06-08-2010 | 11:18 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by novavon
I didn't try to offend anyone. My writing skills are just lacking which = misinterpretation
Perhaps since you admit your writing skills are lacking a better plan of attack would be to ask someone for help prior to posting. Saying "no offense" implies you know exactly what you're saying and you know it's offensive but you're going to say it anyway.

Back to the original topic. Your parents both drive vehicles that are designed to be quiet and comfortable on the road. They have very different purposes in life than your Disco and therefore your Disco can not, or at least should not, be judged by the standards set for their sedans. I'm sure if you look at the exhaust system on your parents' vehicles you'll find they use small diameter pipes with large mufflers and more than likely a resonator, particularly on the Audi. All those things work together to achieve a level of quiet your Disco will never know with the engine running.

Old 06-09-2010 | 05:51 AM
Drifting

DynaMat doors and floors. (or use the less-expensive alternative, can't think of the name at the moment)

Do the firewall as much as possible.

Not sure if you're talking about the noise on the INSIDE or OUTSIDE, though...

Old 06-09-2010 | 06:01 AM
Banned

It depends if it's engine noise or road noise or your music system. My engine and exhaust is pretty quiet, very much what I would expect from a V8. The type of tires can make a difference when it comes to road noise, how run down they are and if they are properly inflated. If it's road noise they are complaining about then looks at the tires, otherwise turn your music down.