Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

May be a dumb question? Fuel tank capacity?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May be a dumb question? Fuel tank capacity?

I have an 04 disco II the Rave says that its fuel tank capacity is 95 liters that would equal 25 US gallons but I have yet to be able to get anything more than 20 gals in her on empty. Im trying to get my ultra gauge set up properly, what is the tank size? will the OBDII automatically set the right tank size? Newbie here looking for some guidance.
Gracias!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

25 gallons is correct.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Thats bone dry though, so the only way you'll fit 25 gals in is if you run out.
When my low fuel light comes on I have about 5 gal left.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1danger1
I have an 04 disco II the Rave says that its fuel tank capacity is 95 liters that would equal 25 US gallons but I have yet to be able to get anything more than 20 gals in her on empty. Im trying to get my ultra gauge set up properly, what is the tank size? will the OBDII automatically set the right tank size? Newbie here looking for some guidance.
Gracias!
Unfortunately, the UltraGauge will not read the Fuel Gauge. The Rover does not send that info. At least not that I've been able to do.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
When my low fuel light comes on I have about 5 gal left.
Wow, its that much?

On a normal car the light hits at about 2 gal.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:51 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pinkytoe69
Wow, its that much?

On a normal car the light hits at about 2 gal.
A normal car also has 2x the MPGs so it works out.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes sense, maybe that explains why I've been getting 17 MPG..... Not I will need to enter the accurate tank size for an accurate reading. Is it true that you need to clear the ultra gauge each time you fill up? Or will reset when the tank is full?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Makes sense, maybe that explains why I've been getting 17 MPG..... Not I will need to enter the accurate tank size for an accurate reading. Is it true that you need to clear the ultra gauge each time you fill up? Or will reset when the tank is full?
You just push the up arrow and hold it down. Then it tells that UG that you filled up and it will reset the fuel amount to full. And I believe the tank is 25.5 gallons not that the .5 will make that much of a difference in accuracy, but just in case you want to be precise.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Rock Crawling

The instantaneous MPG on the UG should be fairly accurate since it can read other sensors and calculate what the amount of fuel being used SHOULD be. There is no connection from tank to computer so the UG would have no way of knowing if you filled your tank (unless you reset it) and based on its calculated fuel consumption it can tell you when it is will be empty.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by bballjames
You just push the up arrow and hold it down. Then it tells that UG that you filled up and it will reset the fuel amount to full. And I believe the tank is 25.5 gallons not that the .5 will make that much of a difference in accuracy, but just in case you want to be precise.
I dont have an ultra gauge so this might be completely off base, but wouldn't you want to set it to whatever the amount of fuel you always put in? (i.e. i always fill up around with about 20 gal so i would put 20 gal in so that it was dividing the milage over the correct gal)???

That is assuming the UG calculates by know the milage driven over a preset refill capacity? Or do you enter your mileage at fill up and it just does the calc for you?

Quick Reply: May be a dumb question? Fuel tank capacity?