Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Misfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLDisco
The PO was some idiot broke girl who had no gas in the tank
She was a bright, promising young woman with a comfortable amount of savings before she bought a Rover.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Touche sir. Touche..

Old 01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My misfires began when I used Seafoam.

It was fun to make clouds but honestly did nothing positive for my idle and misfires began soon after.

Replaced coils, runs okay now but no better than pre Seafoam.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

The PO was some idiot broke girl who had no gas in the tank...

- dc
Are you talking about me again? Yes, when my Rover misfires, I just kick the tires, cry, go back inside and have a good nap.. naps always seem to help Then if I have enough dough I'll call my mechanic so he can whip it back into shape or tell me to stop parking over the sprinkler head....

Old 01-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Talking

Well - misfire is gone. While waiting on my wires, I had a client cancel a meeting today, so I swapped all the plugs with NGK 7734's. Took about an hour with a small coffee break.

Runs like a sewing machine. Took it around block, loaded it down, floored it, etc, and zilch on the codes. for now....

The old plugs were REALLY worn down, most of the electrodes were a nub at best, or whittled away to small needle points.

#7 was the worst of all, which explains the misfire.

Wires will be here today, will probably hold off on them until I either get 1)another misfire, or 2) a reason to pull them off. Might take that job to a friend's shop, after looking at those coils, hmmmm....not sure on that one.

Now to tackle the leaking T at the radiator hose junction....

all the best.

- dc

Old 01-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Excellent... one down - a few more to go..

Old 01-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by weepit
My misfires began when I used Seafoam.

It was fun to make clouds but honestly did nothing positive for my idle and misfires began soon after.

Replaced coils, runs okay now but no better than pre Seafoam.
You are the only other person I have ever known to say that.... but same happened to me BOTH times I used Seafoam in the intake.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Well - misfire is gone. While waiting on my wires, I had a client cancel a meeting today, so I swapped all the plugs with NGK 7734's. Took about an hour with a small coffee break.

Runs like a sewing machine. Took it around block, loaded it down, floored it, etc, and zilch on the codes. for now....

The old plugs were REALLY worn down, most of the electrodes were a nub at best, or whittled away to small needle points.

#7 was the worst of all, which explains the misfire.

Wires will be here today, will probably hold off on them until I either get 1)another misfire, or 2) a reason to pull them off. Might take that job to a friend's shop, after looking at those coils, hmmmm....not sure on that one.

Now to tackle the leaking T at the radiator hose junction....

all the best.

- dc
NICE! Congratulations!

Old 01-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Charlie_V "EarlyRover, you are definitely one of the more knowledgeable people in these forums who takes extreme care in his posts. I hope you'll take the time to respond to my questions when I have them, and I have them all of the time."

Thanks, Charlie V. I have been fooling with Rovers since buying my first Land Rover series IIA in 1963; having owned so many Rovers through the years, including a Rover 75 car, numerous Rover 2000s, 3 litres, 3500, cars, on and on; loving them all, so hope that I learned something during that time. Be more than happy to try to help you in any way possible, but to be perfectly frank, I have had some quite negative experiences from a number of guys from your state of Texas, so I have a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to Texas and Texans---sorry about that; that is just the way it is. I will try to get over it to some degree; if you do me no harm, I will do none to you. I was born and raised in Montana, and have lived in Oregon for 40 years, though I often get back to Montana for big game hunting, etc.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling

IT'S BACK......

Lurking like a mugger in the shadows. P0307. Strangely, no others.

My next step is wires. Tackling them this weekend, or maybe paying the shop $200 in labor to knock it out. Depends on whether or not my motorcycle is back from tire shop. It's supposed to be 84 and sunny all weekend.

Thoughts guys/gals?

Oh, and the 3 amigos came calling.

They. Just. Don't. Ever. Stop.

Quick Reply: The Misfire Thread