Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This Is A Most Depressing Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:25 AM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Land Rover Discovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1995 Disco 2 - I don't think so. The Disco 2 proper wasn't released until the late 90's. The Disco 1 was sometimes referred to in some circles as a Disco 2 but this term is erroneous. Different areas around the world have differing designations of the model numbers but often they are not exactly correct in the true sense.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to attempt to balance out all of the posts concerning rover problems and rants:

My Rover has ran extraordinary in the last two weeks of consistent below freezing Oregon temperatures and has succeeded flawlessly in delivering me, and my gear to adventures in backcountry skiing locations and me and my family to winter excursions. It

(...I will However be knocking on wood as soon as I am finished with this post...)

Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,589 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Doesn't matter if you knock on wood you made the mistake of praising how well your disco is doing. Within the next 7 days it will be a smoldering pile of rubble on the side of the road.

The Rover Gods have spoken...

Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phatrowles
Just to attempt to balance out all of the posts concerning rover problems and rants:

My Rover has ran extraordinary in the last two weeks of consistent below freezing Oregon temperatures and has succeeded flawlessly in delivering me, and my gear to adventures in backcountry skiing locations and me and my family to winter excursions. It

(...I will However be knocking on wood as soon as I am finished with this post...)
One of the functions referred to in my post was the ability to safely and reliably deliver myself and family up (and down) my one mile steep and winding driveway in some deplorable Vermont weather conditions, which my two Discoveries did admirably for 18 years.

Rod

Old 12-09-2013, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
post *****
I like Dusty's posts though, they have a pleasant sardonic ring to them and very factual in many cases.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:53 AM

Stick with it ejag42@mac.com, there are many far worse things life throws at you than car problems. As they say, "life's a bitch and then you die" but a broken down Landrover never killed anyone.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Land Rover Discovery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1995 Disco 2 - I don't think so. The Disco 2 proper wasn't released until the late 90's. The Disco 1 was sometimes referred to in some circles as a Disco 2 but this term is erroneous. Different areas around the world have differing designations of the model numbers but often they are not exactly correct in the true sense.
You are, of course, correct. It was a series I. But then 95 was along time ago, longer than my memory, apparently.

Rod

Old 12-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Doesn't matter if you knock on wood you made the mistake of praising how well your disco is doing. Within the next 7 days it will be a smoldering pile of rubble on the side of the road.

The Rover Gods have spoken...

Exactly. That's why I do not mention that in the last 84k miles, I have only to spend maintainence $...i.e. Filters , fluids, plugs, etc. save minor wheeling damage, but that can be blamed on the idiot that's driving...
oops ...now I've done it

Attached Thumbnails This Is A  Most Depressing Forum-image.jpg  

Last edited by dusty1; 12-09-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: I just did it
Old 12-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Consider yourself lucky...you had 1 D1 and one D2 that were not completely considered to be a POS...the third.. well welcome to strike 3. I know many including myself that have only one and I could have bought 3 to 5 for what mine has cost me...sure they are cool but the motors are junk.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default What evidence can you show for this statement?

It was a factory test mule obviously.

Unfortunately it seems the 03/04 4.6 had the worst of the issues. It all depends on how dedicated you are to Rovers. If it's a good clean truck than I would replace the motor with a 4.0 or another 4.6. From what I've seen you won't get much money at all for a 04 with a blown motor.

ArmyRover "Unfortunately it seems the 03/04 4.6 had the worst of the issues."

What evidence have you for this? It is a myth, or misconstrued information, I believe.

Quick Reply: This Is A Most Depressing Forum