Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A most successful upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default A most successful upgrade

Well. I 've just showered and cleanded uo after a day and a half of work in my 03' Disco. I changed out the stock shocks and springs with Old Man Emu HD ones and also did a brake job by installing EBC Green pads and EBC drilled and slotted rotors.

I decided to do all of the above since it all required removing wheels and work in similar areas. I photographed the whole thing and will post them once I get them downloaded and edited as a help for anyone else attempting this kind of modification. I only have a few bruised knuckles and no left over parts!

My Disco came with a 2 inch aluminum block lift kit installed by the first owner and I removed the lifts as I went along and now the vehicle measures about 1.5 inches taller then it did before removing the lift kit which shows how the old springs had dropped over time. Generally, I found the front end a bit harder as you have to line up the lower spring mount plate to bolt in the new shocks before you let the pressure off of the spring. There is also the upper tower to get refitted which is a challenge with the new shocks as they keep wanting to expand in length. I found I had to use both of my spring compressors as well as the LR bottle jack to lift the chasis away from the axel.

Tomorrow I hope to get my new ARB front bumper and winch installed. The weather is decent here in Texas for working outside on the car as long as we don't get any more rain for a few days!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Great work, always good to hear when someone has a good day with his truck.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The weather is warm here in Keller (DFW) Texas, except the wind this spring has been terrible. I am sick of it, the high winds keep the pollen blowing every where. Every thing in my garage has a yellow coating on it. I can't wait to clean the garage out. We are forecasted for 4 - 6 inches of rain this week. I am waiting on delivery of the new seals for my steering gear box and plan to put them this week. I also will take pictures and follow up if they stop the leak.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice i cant wait to see the pics .. i am still trying to decide if i am going to lift my disco or not but looking at your install might sway my decision