Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help and advise regarding fighting with dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010 | 01:10 AM
TReK

LR bellevue are no good.

if you must go to a service place the only place to call is BIGGS LR service in bellevue on bel/red road

Old 03-12-2010 | 10:00 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by NWDiscoRover2004
Just an update. Since the dealer refused to replace the coil at their cost (it warrantied!) I paid an independent LR mechanic to do it this weekend. Guess what? Yes it was the coil that was bad.

My fight with the dealer continues....Trying to locate the dictrict service manager now.
Let me know if I can help you track down a Rover Manager.

Old 03-12-2010 | 01:00 PM
Rock Crawling

I have never had Bellevue Land Rover do any work for me. I do buy parts there when I can't wait for AB. The parts guys are pretty good there. Some of the prices are way over inflated though. I have heard good things about Biggs, never been there myself. They wanted $2400 to do my head gaskets, so I did it myself. Best service in Seattle charged me $74 to change a front crank seal. Stay away from the stealership!

Willie

Old 03-12-2010 | 01:02 PM
Mudding

i meant try it for warranty covered items.

Old 03-12-2010 | 03:55 PM
Rock Crawling

Yah, I would use up the warranty at the dealer too.

Willie

Old 03-15-2010 | 02:27 PM
|
Mudding

I have not located him yet. Quite suprised it's this difficult. Can you provide a name for the north west region Mike?

Tacoma LR has cut off all communications with me. It's almost commical....

Thank you,

Curtis

Old 03-23-2010 | 03:04 PM
TReK

I'll be driving by LR Tacoma this afternoon, you want me to throw a brick through their showroom window for you?

I also know someone that works in LR Lynnwood, she doesn't have any pull, but may be able to find the right person you for you to contact, you never know. Let me know if I can help!

Old 03-23-2010 | 09:19 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Tercan
Your post is making me wonder now who to go with for repair. My LR3 was diagnosed by Firestone svcr as needing two tie rod ends. I have an extended warranty under Zurich and this would be the first time making a claim. Tonight I had an interesting conversation with Firestone, LandRover (in Fife/Tacoma) and Zurich.
According to LR service parts, the cost of a part that they sell to a customer or another dealer is 'list'. Firestone then has a standard markup above what they pay (understandable). Zurich states this is a covered repair but they only reimburse MSRP on parts and published repair rates. Now, I come from a manufacturer's parts background where MSRP IS list. In car parts land, this may not be the case (would like to hear from those with experience). In car parts land, 'list' is above MSRP (in this case, about double what Zurich states is the MSRP cost). It was termed as 'bump' list. I asked if there is a discount when LR sells to a servicer or dealer and they said yes, about 20% off of 'list'. This is still about 30% above MSRP and Firestone's policy is they must charge a certain percentage above 'list' regardless of what discount they can get from the parts dealer.
So, Firestone is charging approx $360 in parts and labor of which I will have to pay $100 deductible and the gap between Zurich's reimbursement on parts and what Firestone has to charge me for parts based on what LR is charging as 'list' (another $100+).
In my conversation with LR, I asked if I brought the LR3 to them, what would they charge me for parts...they said the charge would be what the service contract pays for (surprise! MSRP). The kicker is their labor rates are MUCH higher and the cost of parts and labor for LR is pushing $500 vs. Firstone's approx $360. PLUS....they need to do their own inspection to the tune of $115 which they state would be rolled into the warranty plan with an approved claim.
So, my concerns are these....to those in the know with a service background, does the markup explanation above make sense or is it a story? I also now have concerns about LR of Tac/Fife...what kind of security do I have that they will present the claim appropriately to Zurich for payment? If they get an authorization for repair over the phone before payment, can Zurich later reneg and I get stuck with a pretty hefty bill? Should I just bite it and pay the extra through Firestone vs. trying to work with LR?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Candace

'06 LR3 HE....and 4 dogs who appreciate the smooth ride.

Now in your case yes we would charge the list price of what we have and zurich will pay with no issues. Sometimes if they ask for less we can adjust. Most of the time parts prices are negotiable. But what isn't negotiable is the price of the labour. If the insurance company says they pay only 85 then you pick up the rest. Not bad but if the company cost is 150 well you bought a bad warrantee. Look at the fine print. Trust me go with LR. They will align the vehicle correctly. With firestone its a crapshoot. Plus its probably the inners that are bad and not the outers. Trust me Firestone doesn't want to deal with Zurich. They will let you do all the BS. land rover will deal with them and rarely make you do something.

Now for the original topic yes I do feel sorry for you. It sounds like the idiot diagnosing it doesn't know what he is doing. If it were me I would say a new coil pack and wires one and six just in case. Now if you have alot of warrantee work to be completed that is over say a grand then the inspector may come out and make us put some wires on to just to see if it fixes it. Very rarely though.

Old 03-29-2010 | 12:52 PM
|
Mudding

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
I'll be driving by LR Tacoma this afternoon, you want me to throw a brick through their showroom window for you?

I also know someone that works in LR Lynnwood, she doesn't have any pull, but may be able to find the right person you for you to contact, you never know. Let me know if I can help!
I would say yes, go ahead and throw that brick. But i would probably get blamed. I'm sure I'm on their radar for just such an act.

Old 05-01-2010 | 12:00 AM
4wd High
Unhappy Wrapping up my experience....

Just to wrap up my first repair experience, I ended up going to the Nissan dealer that sold me the LR3 and extended warranty...they waived the deductible and diagnosed different tie rod issues than Firestone. Went ahead and had the repair done...did notice some handling improvement but not sure it was worth the repair. Then they recommended future repairs be done by a LR dealer. Nice huh?
In any case, just took it in to a local foreign car repair shop for a 60k tune up and they diagnosed a leak around the differential seal...not dripping, but 'oozing' was seen around the seal. Is this to be expected so soon? Looking at another several hundred even IF I can get it covered under the extended warranty. I am feeling there is too much repairing going on for a rig this new.