Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new 3 amigo issue???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:23 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default new 3 amigo issue???

has anyone run into issues with the 3 amigos popping up when the engage and disengage the E-brake?

i have not had any 3-amigo issues in months and suddenly last night i started the truck. put foot on brake and released the ebrake and BAM!!! up pop the lights.

kill the truck and restart. nothing. foot on brake i shift into drive and drive a few feet and stop. nothing

pull the e-brake and the pop up.

puzzled by this one

Old 11-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

they are stopping in to say HOLA!

never heard of that, do you have an RSW Amigo? i would pull the E brake then read the ABS codes.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM
TReK

well i glad they stopped by to say hello. i was starting to think they didnt care anymore, but not knowing how or why is goofy.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 PM

and those three lights coming on at once is not a goofy way of telling you there is something wrong with the ABS system? there are all sorts of goofy things on these trucks.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
and those three lights coming on at once is not a goofy way of telling you there is something wrong with the ABS system? there are all sorts of goofy things on these trucks.
I don't see how that's goofy at all. The ABS light comes on to tell you that there is a problem with your ABS. Both traction control and hill decent depend on working ABS, so they are in fault whenever ABS is in fault, so they turn on as well. It's entirely logical.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by DarylJ
I don't see how that's goofy at all. The ABS light comes on to tell you that there is a problem with your ABS. Both traction control and hill decent depend on working ABS, so they are in fault whenever ABS is in fault, so they turn on as well. It's entirely logical.
that is poor engineering IMO. if there is a problem with the ABS system the ABS light should come on, even if HDC and TC are effected it just confuses the end user into thinking there are three problems. It is logical if you know how an ABS system works, most people who bought these trucks from the lot don't. That is ill-logic.

Old 11-09-2010, 10:00 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by DarylJ

its goofy cause it makes no sense at all.

lots of things in land rover world dont. this is one of them. dont you ever watch top gear UK? they will be the first to say "british cars are the best engineered in the world" as they are staring off into space. hahaha