Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Air bag install ......... need assistance

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Air bag install ......... need assistance

Hows it going,
I made a post a couple weeks ago about my sagging disco. Anyway, I bit the bullet and purchased the bags from Arnott and am trying to put them in as we speak. However, Im not sure how to compress the old springs to get them out of the truck. Also, where should I be jacking the truck up from in order to do this swap. Please help I'm at a loss. Thanks

Old 10-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: New Air bag install ......... need assistance

PM me your tele number and I'll be glad to call you for directions.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Mike, again? Seriously? Are you that arrogant? Nobody else gets to learn anything?
Heres an idea, why dont you just put a sticky with your telephone number on the first page and have everybody who has questions call you.
Having people call you defeats the purpose of a online forum.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Mike for the call I believe everything went as planned. One thing though is that when I took off the driver's side bag, the little black hose slipped outof the nut. At the time I thought I had broken it but upon further assessment I noticed that there seems to be a clip system that keeps the hose in place. I took some pictures of what I did and I am just looking for a confirmation that this is the correct thing to do. As you can see in the pics I put the little clip at the end of the tube (first pic) and then slid the nut down on top of the clip (pic 2). It seemed to be the correct thing to do but I just want to make sure that the piece isnt broken and I just dont know it.

And Spike sorry if this caused any trouble. Mike simply told me that in order to get at the bags properly I should place jack stands underneath the chassis on both sides of the truck (I chose two spots on either side of the gas tank). Then what he told me to do is to remove the cover on the compressor which is located underneath the drivers seat (on the outside of the truck) and follow the two air feed lines coming into the mechanism. Once these two are found, loosen the bolts on the feed tubes slowly until the air begins to let out. After about 5 mins there should be enough pressure out of the bags to work with them. It was pretty easy once I got under the truck and looked around. Hope that helps.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

starcraft, you are fine bud. The problem is that Mike does that all the time, twice today and once yesterday. That is great that he is willing to spend his time calling somebody who needs help, but that does not help the rest of us who are trying to learn more about LR's.
If somebody has knowledge about something and can help somebody all that we ask on a public forum is to post the info so that others will benifit.
If he had told you what to do but you still didnt understand and then he had said "hey let me call you, its just easier" fine. But not the case, his firstreply was, "let me call you".
That is a great big screw you to the rest of us.
I dont know about you but before I bought my Disco I searched this forum as well as dweb and many others, not as a member, but as a person trying to get educated.
If somebody else does the same thing and all they find is "call me" do you think that will help them?
Maybe I'm just being petty, and I know that not everybody on here likes me, but either way we are all here to learn and help others if and when we can and the only way to do that is to actually post the answer. We may be wrong, but if nobody corrects us or offers other points of view then it is the blind leading the blind.
And starcraft, thank you for posting what you were told and what worked with pics, that is a HUGE help to us all.
Spike (aka Phil), or is it Phil aka Spike?