Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New battery, now woulnt run..please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New battery, now woulnt run..please help

I have a 2000 discoII, i put a new deka intimidator 1000cca 100ah AGM battery in yesterday and now it will start and run about 3 seconds and just die. if i hit the gas it will not rev up.. can someone help? I have been told this is a common problem but no one can give me a answer on how to fix!!

my poor disco is sad help me make her smile again!

on a side not it is my demo vehicle for my company and her name is "The Punisher"

Here is a pic of battery...
Name:  005-2.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  90.3 KB

Here is a pic of "The Punisher"
Name:  087.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  148.8 KB

Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Battery should not cause that to happen, assuming it is fully charged. Do you have a check engine light on, if so what are the fault code numbers?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Banned

no engine light on, and it sat for 2 days with no battery in it.. and i did some research and yes it will caues this to happen, i have read about a 100 people saying samething i am.. yet no one has a answer..

It will start, and idle normal for about 3 seconds, then it will idle down to a shake then die.. if i hit the gas nothing happens.. and it dies.. from what im reading i need to relearn the idle.. but how do i do this?

Old 06-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Banned

and yes the battery is fully charged

Old 06-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by The Punisher
no engine light on, and it sat for 2 days with no battery in it.. and i did some research and yes it will caues this to happen, i have read about a 100 people saying samething i am.. yet no one has a answer..

It will start, and idle normal for about 3 seconds, then it will idle down to a shake then die.. if i hit the gas nothing happens.. and it dies.. from what im reading i need to relearn the idle.. but how do i do this?
Well, I don't really care about what you have read, with nearly 30 years in the business, I am telling you the battery will not cause this to happen.
If your alternator is putting out as it should, you don't even need to have a battery in the vehicle to keep it running.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Banned

k thanks for your help mike, I have already learned that the computer has lost its idle setting and has to relearn it from being with out power.. you my friend are wrong, and im glad your 30 years in the business made you a condescending *******.. thanks again!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

k thanks for your help mike, I have already learned that the computer has lost its idle setting and has to relearn it from being with out power.. you my friend are wrong, and im glad your 30 years in the business made you a condescending *******.. thanks again!
I am not sure your attitude will gather you alot of assistance around here. You might check dweb if you want alternate help with your rover.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Does the check engine light EVER come on? Maybe someone put bubble gum over the light source?

It should learn the idle pretty quickly, if indeed that is the issue; I doubt it is, since it doesn't respond to throttle input.

Try to pull some codes, even if the check engine light isn't on.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Banned

my attitude is just fine =D

I just dont respond well to other condescending responses with there know it all attitudes.. I talked to a LR service tech at the dealer and he confirmed he see's this all the time after battery replacement. the engine light works just fine. it now has a pending code of PO1668

Old 06-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my attitude is just fine =D

I just dont respond well to other condescending responses with there know it all attitudes.. I talked to a LR service tech at the dealer and he confirmed he see's this all the time after battery replacement. the engine light works just fine. it now has a pending code of PO1668
Sounds like you have it all worked out then.

Quick Reply: New battery, now woulnt run..please help